USF vs. Louisville
Location: USF Sundome
Score by Periods:
USF 19 36 55
FG % -
3-pt % - 43.3% 33.3%
Free Throw % - 77.8% 57.1%
Points off turnovers: 28 10
Bench Points: 16 2
- Kentrell Gransberry slams the basket hard for two as the play clock was about to expire.
- McHugh Mattis dishes the ball underneath the basket to Kentrell Granbserry, penetrating Louisville's defense for two.
- McHugh Mattis 6'6" blocks Louisville's #4 David Padgett at 6'11" with tremendous authority.
- Aduma "Amu" Saaka subs in after 15 minute break and is first sub.
- Chris Howard Marks his return and subs in at the 3:30 mark.
- Melvin Buckley hits a three at the 11:35 mark to the game 8-12 for Louisville.
- McHugh Mattis goes to the basket for two after a long cross court pass.
- McHugh Mattis hits a hook shot over his defender.
- Solomon Bozeman grabs the loose rebound and passes to Kentrell Gransberry for the lay-up.
- Adamu "Amu" Saaka gets called for two charging fouls within two minutes.
- With 1:30 left, Chris Howard dishes the ball to Kentrell Gransberry, who boxed out his defender for two.
- With 46.7 left, McHugh Mattis steals the ball mid-court, and Jesus Verdejo draws the loose ball foul but misses the one-and-one shot.
- With 12.2 left, McHugh Mattis drives to the basket and draws the foul as time runs out in the 1st half and makes one shoot out of two.
- Same starting rosters as in 1st half for both teams
- Louisville's three point percentage at 35.7% and foul shot percentage at 80% in the 1st half. USF's three point percentage at 16.7% and foul shot percentage at 57.1%.
- At 18:12, McHugh Mattis drives to he basket makes shot and draw foul but misses the foul shot.
- USF cuts the lead to four after a Melvin Buckley three pointer at 17:46 mark, and forces Louisville into calling a timeout after shot.
- Louisville's full court press causing several USF turnovers.
- USF calls a timeout after Louisville makes an 8 point run to make the score USF 26 and UL 38.
- Melvin Buckley hits a three after the timeout.
- Chris Howard steals the ball but USF doesn't take advantage of the turnover.
- McHugh Mattis misses a dunk over his defender to give Louisville the ball.
- Kentrell Gransberry drives in the paint to make the short jumper and draw then foul but misses the fouls shot.
- Melvin Buckley hits another three-pointer.
- McHugh Mattis steals the ball, but then turns the ball back over to Louisville.
- Kentrell Gransberry steals the ball and draws the immediate intentional foul to hit one of two shots.
- The game ends with the final score USF 55 and UL 81
- Melvin Buckley goes 5-10 in field goal percentage and 5-10 three-point shots
- Kentrell Gransberry goes 8-11 in field goal percentage and 3-5 in free throw shots
USFNation.com - Get it First, Get it Fast!