Roster Changes: Glover Considers Transferring

The big news Friday was the roster release by Coach Leavitt announcing that running back Ricky Ponton and safety Danny Verpaele have been declared ineligible for the 2007 season. Leavitt Also announced that kicker Mike Benzer will no longer play football and that RS freshmen LeBrandon Glover plans to transfer. However, those plans may not be set in stone. Read all the details on USFNation.com.

The big news Friday was the roster release by Coach Leavitt announcing that running back Ricky Ponton and safety Danny Verpaele have been declared ineligible for the 2007 season. No reason was given for either player. Leavitt did say that Verpaele will remain enrolled at USF with the possibility for a return in '08, While Ponton has been granted his release to transfer to another university.

Leavitt also said kicker Mike Benzer will no longer play football, but will remain enrolled at USF and focus on his academics.

Surprisingly, Leavitt also indicated that redshirt freshman linebacker LeBrandon Glover also plans to transfer. However, Glover has said to USFNation that he has been thinking about transferring, but he is still considering it.

"It's something I've been thinking about it because my grandmother, she's sick, and she's raised me since I was one. My mom died when I was one and my dad was never around, so she was it."

Glover said if he does transfer the main reason will to be closer to his family in Pensacola.

"It'll be Jackson State or Southern Miss, most likely Jackson State. Jackson State to my house is only 2 ½ -3 hours, and Southern Miss to my house is only two hours."

LeBrandon who had a good portion of the spring limited by injuries has said it hasn't been an easy decision.

"I've been thinking about it a lot. Ever since she got sick, ever since I found out about a month in a half ago." said Glover. This is something that I don't want to do"

"At one point I was ready to go, and told Coach Burnham that's what I felt I needed to do, but I talked with my roommates and decided to give it the weekend to decide. I'm going to let them know by Monday. I'll know Monday if I am or not."

Stay with USFNation and we will update you on any new information as we here it.

Bulls Daily Top Stories