The Bulls received good news this week on defensive back Charlton Sinclair from Mandarin HS in
"I just found out Tuesday," said Sinclair, "I finished the class, got my A, and now I'm good to go."
Sinclair thought he was all set months ago, but the NCAA clearing house wouldn't accept a grade he got from his sophomore year. Sinclair had to retake a biology class and get an "A" so that he could be cleared by the NCAA.
"It's definitely a weight off of my shoulders. I'm not sure if you know, but my head coach, Coach Hall died last month." Sinclair said. He was so much more then just a coach to me, he was like a father and a friend. He did so much to make sure I got into college that there was no way I could let him down."
With his academic issues in the past Sinclair said now he can focus on college and football, and will most likely join the team in August.
"I wanted to get up there sooner," said Sinclair, "But a lot of the guys told me they were going home for the week. So I don't want to go up there and be by myself. So I'll probably wait until we have to report August 3rd, maybe a little earlier."
Sinclair has two weeks before he joins the Bulls, but won't be treating the time like a vacation.
"I've been training hard." said Sinclair, "I'm working out with former FSU receiver Kez McCorvey at the Titus sports Academy. He's helping me improve my game and get prepared for the next level."
This is great news for the Bulls, as Sinclair a standout safety with great abilities will add depth, and be a fixture in the Bulls defensive backfield for years to come.
"I can't wait to get to campus, I feel like I got a lot to show," said Sinclair. "Tell everyone get ready, Cha Cha's coming, Go Bulls!"
Josh Bellamy, the standout two-way player from Boca Ciega HS was another member of the '07 class who was academically ineligible, but was considering staying local or going to prep school while trying to qualify said he is taking the JUCO route instead.
"I spoke to the coaches and they decided that was best for me, so I'm heading to
If Bellamy chooses
"I'll be at USF, I'm not sure when, but I'll be there, "said Bellamy. "I wish things ended up differently, but I got to play the cards dealt to me. I just got to stay focused, and work hard."
Two other members of the class are also going the JUCO route. Claude Davis of
Encouraging news for the rest of the class is that both Calvin Sutton & Kavenski McGee two 3-star recruits will remain in
USFNation.com - Get it First, Get it Fast!