- Tonight's game was the fifth all-time meeting between the programs. USF now owns a three-game winning streak in the series. The attendance of 20,568 was the second-most in WKU history
- Head Coach Jim Leavitt improves his career record to 89-52. Leavitt is 27-32 in true road games, 57-45 on television, 37-12 in temperatures above 80 degrees and 63-34 in night games. - USF has won 13 straight regular season non-conference games.
-This season USF will honor former player Keeley Dorsey by wearing his No. 10 jersey. Tonight, senior P/K Delbert Alvarado wore the jersey. Senior DT Aaron Harris was the first player to don the jersey, against Wofford last week. Dorsey passed away after a team conditioning workout on Jan. 17, 2007, and would have been a senior this year.
- USF has posted 400 yards of total offense and scored 30 or more points in the same game in 13 of the last 26 outings. USF ended the night with 461 total yards from 64 plays, scoring 35 points.
- With DB Mistral Raymond's second-quarter pick, the USF defense has intercepted a pass in 19 of the last 29 games and has 34 picks during that time.
-Tonight's offensive starters were: WR Carlton Mitchell, WR Dontavia Bogan, LT Jeremiah Warren, LG Chaz Hine, C Sampson Genus, RG Zach Hermann, RT Jake Sims, WR Patrick Richardson, WR Sterling Griffin, QB Matt Grothe, RB Mo Plancher.
-Tonight's defensive starters were: LE David Bedford, NT Terrell McClain, DT Aaron Harris, RE George Selvie, LB Sabbath Joseph, LB Kion Wilson, LB Chris Robinson, LC Quenton Washington, SS Jerome Murphy, FS Nate Allen, RC Kayvon Webster.
-QB Matt Grothe came into tonight's game with 10,441 total yards (passing and rushing) for his career, and with exactly 10 minutes left in the second quarter, Grothe rushed for 12 yards to pass former WVU QB Pat White by 89 yards (10,529) for the all-time BIG EAST Conference lead.
- Grothe recorded 261 total yards and threw for two scores. He has has thrown a TD pass in 32 of 41 career games, including seven of the last 10 games and now has 50 career passing touchdowns, which is the second-most in USF history. He trails Marquel Blackwell, who had 67 from 1999-2002. With 13 completions tonight, Grothe has topped the 700-career completions mark.
- The Bulls senior QB, is climbing the BIG EAST's career passing yards list. He surpassed Tyler Palko (Pittsburgh, 2002-06), who had 8,343 yards, past No. 5 Donovan McNabb (Syracuse (1995-98) - who had 8,389 yards, and also passed No. 4 Ryan Hart' 8,482. Grothe's 8,520 yards now trails No. 3 Mike Teel (Rutgers, 2005-08), who had 9,383 yards.
- After a second-quarter TD pass to Theo Wilson and a third-quarter TD pass to Ben Busbee, Grothe is now sixth in the BIG EAST in touchdown responsibility in a career with 73. Grothe has 50 passing and 23 rushing TDs. He passed Brian Brohm (Louisville), who had 72 - 65 passing and 7 rushing TDs.
- Junior WR Carlton Mitchell racked up 130 receiving yards, the first 100-yard receiving game since Jesse Hester totaled 110 receiving yards against Rutgers on Nov. 15, 2008. The 130 yards is a career high for Mitchell, exceeding his previous high of 110 yards against Cincinnati on Nov. 3, 2007.
- Mitchell entered the game needing just 21 yards to become the eighth player in program history with 1,000 yards receiving. Mitchell moves into seventh in the USF record book for receiving yards in a career, ending tonight's game with 1,109. During the game against WKU, he passed teammate Jesse Hester (1,034), and now trails No. 6 Chris Iskra's 1,119 yards from 2000-03. After his 28th-career game, Mitchell has 1,109 receiving yards.
- Junior TE David Bedford and sophomore WR Patrick Richardson each made their first career start in the game. It was the second career start for Robinson.
- Junior Dontavia Bogan returned the opening kickoff 40 yards. He ended the night with 84 kick return yards.
- In the second quarter, walk-on senior DB Mistral Raymond had his first career interception.
- In the fourth quarter, senior TE Ben Busbee recorded his first reception of the season, a 17-yard TD catch from Matt Grothe. Busbee's last TD reception was in the magicJack St. Petersburg Bowl in 2008.
- Senior RB Mo Plancher had a pair of rushing touchdowns for the second-straight game. Plancher has collected three games with two TD runs - against UTM in 2008, and Wofford and WKU in 2009. Plancher ended the night with 115 yards, his first 100-yard game.