1. Khadeem Lattin, Center, Canarias Basketball Academy, 4-star- It looks like SMU's biggest focus will be adding a big man, and the prospect most likely to commit that they're not slow playing appears to be Lattin. He made a very encouraging retweet on Sunday night and has been quoted as saying that SMU is still high on his list. Lattin is a little thin but if he can bulk up a little bit, there is no doubt he can be a physical force in the paint. He has great post moves and is an excellent shot-blocker. Lattin is ranked as the No. 16 center in 2014. Chance he lands at SMU: High
2. David Wacker, Center, Converse Judson, 3-star- Wacker has been very high on SMU since picking up an offer last year and loved his unofficial visit in the spring. He's still in contact with the staff, which really like his fundamentals and ability to do the dirty work. Wacker isn't a guy that's going to come in and make an immediate impact or be a key starter down the line. But he does do all the little things right and can be a good big man to have off the bench. It appears the staff is slow playing him right now, and he is a Plan C if they fail to land other top centers on their board. Chance he lands at SMU: High (If his offer becomes committable)
3. T.J. Maston, Power Forward, DeSoto, 3-star- SMU definitely appears to be in the lead for Maston. He's another guy that is getting slow played. At 6-foot-7 or 6-foot-8, he's not really the true center they're looking for, but he can be a solid four. He's extremely versatile and has some good moves down low. He relies mostly on his quickness in the post to score so he's going to have to add some muscle. Chances he lands at SMU: High (If commitment is accepted)
4. Myles Turner, Center, Euless Trinity, 5-star- Turner would obviously be a monster land. He rose up the charts and became one of the top players in the nation this offseason. He also happens to be Emmanuel Mudiay's friend. Mudiay's decision will sure make his at least ponder adding SMU back to his mix of schools. And according to ESPN, he already has so don't be surprised if SMU is in it when he releases another cut of schools. Chance he lands at SMU: Medium (For now)
5. Isaiah Wilkins, Small Forward, Greater Atlanta Christian, 3-star- Wilkins named SMU in his top five and is planning on making an official visit in a few weeks for Larry Brown's birthday. There has been talk that SMU will only be taking a big man but knowing this staff, they'll find a way to take Wilkins if they really want him. But the Mustangs definitely have some competition. Virginia appears to be the favorite and he's visiting this weekend. He's also very high on Miami and Memphis. Chance he lands at SMU: Medium
6. Elbert Robinson, Center, Lakeview Centennial, 4-star- Robinson had some nice tweets about SMU after the Mudiay commitment but then said he was going to make his own path. Still, SMU remains one of his favorites, and he told us at GASO that he's planning to visit this fall. Robinson is an elite big man, who is one of the largest human beings I have ever seen. He is able to back down opposing centers with ease. If he can lose a bit more weight, watch out. Chance he lands at SMU: Medium
7. Adonis De La Rosa, Center, Christ The King (NY), 3-star- Like Robinson, De La Rosa needs to lose some weight. But he is one of the top centers in the northeast and could develop into a nice player under Brown and company. De La Rosa told us last month that he was planning on visiting in the fall. But Georgetown and St. John's appear to be the favorites at the moment. Chance he lands at SMU: Medium
8. Mitch Solomon, Center, Bixby (OK), 4-star- First of all, there is a chance Solomon reclassifies to 2015. Secondly, he just wasn't very interested in SMU when we talked to him last month. Oklahoma State and Oklahoma were at the top of his list. But we did talk to him right after his offer so he hadn't gotten a chance to talk to Brown yet. Things could change but for now, it doesn't appear the Ponies are in it for Solomon. Chance he lands at SMU: Low
9. Alex Robinson, Point Guard, Mansfield Timberview, 4-star- SMU has recently fallen off the map for Robinson and the Mudiay commitment doesn't help. It would be amazing if he decided to pair up with Mudiay, but that's extremely farfetched. A-Rob is definitely a great player but we can't imagine him becoming a Mustang. If he does, he would ‘shock the world.' Chance he lands at SMU: Low
10. Nate Mason, Point Guard, Shiloh (GA), 3-star- Mason is a prospect that really intrigued the staff later on in the summer, but he never picked up an offer, and it doesn't appear he will now that Mudiay has committed. On top of that, he's already narrowing things down. Chance he lands at SMU: Low
Pony Stampede Top Stories
Three Up Three Down: SMU vs. TCUPatrick picks three ups and three downs from SMU's 33-3 loss vs. TCU on Friday night at Ford Stadium.
Pony StampedeFriday at 9:00 PM
Rapid Reaction: SMU vs. TCUSMU lost to TCU 33-3 on Friday night at Ford Stadium to drop to 2-2 on the season.
Pony StampedeFriday at 2:29 PM
FREE Pony Stampede Hilltop Review: Sept. 23Come inside this free edition of the Pony Stampede Hilltop Review with the latest on SMU commits and visitors from last week's win over Liberty.
Pony StampedeFriday at 6:00 AM
Commitment Impact: Everett RaySMU landed its second 2017 commitment Thursday with forward Everett Ray’s pledge. PonyStampede breaks down his decision.
Pony StampedeThursday at 6:00 AM
Elijah Landrum talks commitment to SMU2017 point guard Elijah Landrum talked with Pony Stampede about his decision to commit to SMU.