- There was a Seattle Seahawks scout watching practice.
- Arrius Holleman left practice a little early with an apparent ankle injury.
- The offensive line experimented with a few different combinations today.
- Thomas Ashcraft got reps at left guard while Chauncey Briggs got reps at left tackle and true freshman Daniel McCarty got reps at right guard.
- Offensive line worked on picking up the blitz and recognizing stunts.
- The receivers worked on catching balls in traffic and seeing the ball through multiple defenders.
- Overall, the receivers were up-and-down with some drops and some good catches.
- Neal Burcham completed a nice post pattern to Marcus Holyfield over the field and right on time.
- Garrett Gilbert bounced a couple balls off the turf in the short passing game.
- Not a lot of emotion today. Practice was definitely on the quiet side.
- The defense worked a lot on formed tackling and wrapping up.
- Kenneth Acker had to sit out some of practice after getting a finger to the eye. He did return though.
- Chris Parks had a number of pass break-ups.
Pony Stampede Practice Report
Pony Stampede Top Stories
Three Up Three Down: SMU vs. TCUPatrick picks three ups and three downs from SMU's 33-3 loss vs. TCU on Friday night at Ford Stadium.
Pony StampedeFriday at 9:00 PM
Rapid Reaction: SMU vs. TCUSMU lost to TCU 33-3 on Friday night at Ford Stadium to drop to 2-2 on the season.
Pony StampedeFriday at 2:29 PM
FREE Pony Stampede Hilltop Review: Sept. 23Come inside this free edition of the Pony Stampede Hilltop Review with the latest on SMU commits and visitors from last week's win over Liberty.
Pony StampedeFriday at 6:00 AM
Commitment Impact: Everett RaySMU landed its second 2017 commitment Thursday with forward Everett Ray’s pledge. PonyStampede breaks down his decision.
Pony StampedeThursday at 6:00 AM