- Players were in shoulder pads today.
- A handful of players were in red helmets.
- JaBryce Taylor was supposed to practice but arrived with headaches and concussion symptoms so he did not participate. Coach Jones said that Taylor needs to practice tomorrow for him to have a chance of playing against UCONN.
- Receivers worked on corner of the end zone catches. Receivers caught most of Garrett Gilbert's passes throughout practice, but there were a few drops.
- Gilbert was, again, very accurate all practice, especially on the deep balls across the middle. Gilbert favorite target for the day seemed to be Jeremy Johnson. The two hooked up a couple of times for deep-ball touchdowns.
- The offense worked in their two-minute offense. They moved down the field fairly easily against the defense, but the defense had a nice goal line stand.
- Special teams were again a big part of practice. Today it was punt and punt return. Deion Sanders Jr. took most of the returns.
- Wardrobe tidbit: Zelt Minor was sporting a new neck roll attached to his pads. He did see more time with the starting unit throughout practice.
Pony Stampede Practice Report
Pony Stampede Top Stories
Game Preview: SMU vs. TempleScott previews SMU's road matchup against Temple to open AAC play on Saturday on ESPNews.
Pony Stampede9:35 AM
Five Players to Watch: SMU vs. TempleDemo breaks down five players to watch for SMU against Temple on Saturday.
Pony StampedeYesterday at 2:24 PM
Pony Stampede Podcast Sept. 28Come inside another edition of the Pony Stampede Podcast for the latest on the SMU hoops team and a TCU game breakdown.
Pony StampedeTuesday at 10:59 PM
2018 offensive lineman has SMU near the topBilly talked with 2018 Highland Park (Tex.) offensive lineman Thomas Shelmire about his recent SMU visit and recruitment.
Pony StampedeTuesday at 9:00 AM