1. Ball MovementLess than 48 hours after the Mustangs registered more turnovers than assists, they put on an offensive clinic against USF. The Mustangs finished with 21 assists on 26 field goals. They shot an incredible 52 percent from the field on their way to their eight straight win.
Last time out SMU turned the ball over 19 times and has been averaging 15 a game. Wednesday, the Mustangs seemed to fix their turnover woes against a USF team that was No.2 in the conference in steals.
2. Turnover Factory closed for New Year’s Eve
Coming into tonight’s matchup, Corey Allen averaged 16.9 points a game, while Chris Perry was averaging 12.8 points. SMU held them to seven and 12 respectively.
3. Shutting Allen and Perry down
1. Emle-who?Emelogu continued his rough season, but still managed to score six points. It would have been nice to see him do more in a blow-out game with plenty of garbage time. At this point we have to really start wondering what the issue is with him- confidence, lack of ability, personality?
Despite having an incredible game, Ben Moore struggled from the free throw line. It didn’t end up mattering too much, but he still needs to make his free throws. He finished 5 of 11 from the line in the win.
2. Make your daggum Free Throws
The last time SMU won by 40+ points was against Texas A&M international in 2008. I wanted to tweet out the obscure stat, but I was denied. There is always next time though.
3. We didn’t win by 40