1. How did you spend your summer?
I was actually [in Palo Alto] for most of the summer. I had surgery on both my feet so I was rehabbing here for most of the summer, but I did spend three weeks in Turkey with my family. That was really relaxing.
What was favorite part about going back to Turkey?
Aside from seeing my family, who I do not get to see very often so it's always really special to see them, but I do love the beach and the Mediterranean Sea. It's so beautiful and really relaxing back there.
2. Which do you like watching better: the Summer or Winter Olympics?
I'm a Summer Olympics fan, just because there is basketball in there.
Any other sports that you like to watch?
I really loved watching beach volleyball. It was awesome.
Cheering on Misty May and Kerri Walsh?
Exactly. Yeah, they were awesome.
3. So who would win in an all-out battle: Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Uma Thurman's character in "Kill Bill Volume I"?
Oh Uma Thurman all the way! There'd be no contest!
Why do you say that?
She's just awesome. I don't even know why, but I just don't think it would even be a contest with that. She's got the attitude.
4. If you could have one last meal to eat, what would it be?
It would be this Turkish dish called Iskender. It has some meat over pita with this red sauce and yogurt and it is really delicious.
Do you make it yourself or do you rely on your mom to cook it?
I definitely can't make it! I'm a horrible cook!
5. A place I have never visited but would love to is…
New Zealand. I'd love to go there. I hear it is beautiful and I have a couple of friends who have been there. In terms of location, it's part of the world that I have never been in.
6. If you could have one superpower, it would be…
To stop time.
And you'd use it to have more time to study for finals?
Yeah, that's what comes to mind right now because I'm pretty behind in my studies. I'd like to stop time, do some work, take a nap and start right back up again to be where I am.
7. You're about to go on a European backpacking trip for 3 months. What are three essential things you will need to survive?
Let me see… it would be my sunglasses… this is a tough one! This sounds stupid, but I need my Reef flip-flops at all times. And I need my watch. These are things that I can't survive without!
8. So these days, it seems like the networks are popping up with all kinds of new reality TV shows. What reality TV show would you want to be on?
That's a tough one! I can't even think of any that I would want to be on… I guess something like The Real World so I can travel places. Or I meant Road Rules, so I can travel places.
Yeah, but would you really want to eat snake eggs and stuff like that?
No, so maybe The Real World so I wouldn't have to do any challenges! I'm not good with challenges.
Are you fully subscribed to The Bootleg? If not, then you are missing out on all the top Cardinal coverage we provide daily on our website, as well as our full-length feature articles in our glossy magazine. Sign up today for the biggest and best in Stanford sports coverage with TheBootleg.com (sign-up) and The Bootleg Magazine (sign-up)!