Off-season? You think this is the off-season for Stanford sports and The Bootleg?
Then prepare to be pleasantly surprised, as we're teeing up some really excellent coverage of your favorite Stanford sports and athletes this spring.
- Many Cardinalmaniacs™ are anticipating this edition of Stanford spring football more than any other in recent memory. A complete make-over is about to get underway for Stanford's offense and defense under the leadership of new head coach Buddy Teevens. But this is no rebuilding process in transition - the cupboards are stocked with loads of talent for Buddy to mold in his new schemes. The nature of this BuddyBall, and how well it can be implemented... that's what we'll be reporting on a daily basis with undoubtedly the best blanket coverage you'll find anywhere in any media form.
- Beyond the football of today, we'll be working to bring you the incoming recruits in the 2002 class. They're a very talented and exciting bunch, which you have gotten to know through Chad's recruiting tables and updates over the past year. Now that they're all signed up for the Cardinal, we want to get you to know them better.
- Of course, the top-of-mind recruiting you're pondering these days has turned to the 2003 recruiting class. Recruiting is a year-round job for the football staff, and that is more true today than ever before. Buddy Teevens is turning up the early and aggressive push for this next class, expecting nothing less than every top recruit in America who might be able to get admitted to Stanford. That means there are more names and a more acute focus for Stanford football recruiting than you previously expected in April. We'll be attending Nike camps and gathering information to keep you up to speed with all the action.
- Speaking of recruiting, expectations are high for an uptick in the 2003 men's basketball recruiting class, which has been in the works for well over a year. With the changes this year in recruiting rules and the recruiting calendar, this April is a big one for hoops recruiting, and Stanford's recruiting in particular. We're keeping our fingers on the pulse of this class-in-progress, including a trip to two April tournaments in Vegas.
- But we'll be on top of Stanford hoops beyond just this next recruiting class. We'll be bringing you interviews of the next incoming freshman class, and a closer look at what is happening with the program in this off-season. There's a lot leading up to next year's season that starts way before October!
- Of course, the sport that is still in the thick of its season, with all the expectations of a national championship run, is Stanford baseball. We're privileged to bring you the previews, game recaps, commentaries, inside scoop and more for the #1 team in the land. Cardinal longball might have its most excellent combination of hitting and pitching in several years, with a lot of young talent coming into its own this spring. Our baseball ace, JJ, knows this team better than anyone else you'll find, and we're blessed to have his best season of Bootleg coverage ever!
On top of all this, The Insiders network has already shifted its focus and efforts on the 2003 recruiting classes, with the best West Coast and national recruiting experts around hot on the case of Stanford recruits. I have a personal assurance from Greg Biggins, the leading expert on West Coast football recruits, that he will stay on top of every Stanford recruit possible. If you have a Recruiting Pass subscription, you already have been introduced to several profiles and updates with top 2003 recruits. Jamie Newberg knows the same kids and schools that Buddy and David Kelly are working in the East and Southeast, and he's committed to keeping Stanford fans up to date with that increasingly important recruiting region.
Dave Telep and Tracy Pierson are both tremendous figures in basketball recruiting, and both have given me their commitments to helping provide the best info you'll find anywhere on Stanford recruits. They're travelling all over to bring us the best updates on West Coast and national kids during this all-important spring and summer period.
This is a time you just can't afford to miss on The Bootleg. If you haven't signed up, or if you've let your subscriptions lapse, get back on track and gear up for one heck of a spring. For more information on the subscriptions that will give you this very exclusive coverage, click here to get rolling or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that the two different subscriptions get you two different types of coverage:
TheBootleg.com Club subscription gets you all the exclusive stories we publish on The Bootleg, as well as those stories written on any and every other college team site on The Insiders network. That ranges from Bruin Report Online to Dawgman to CyberBears to Duke Basketball Report to Irish Eyes.
The Recruiting Pass subscription gets you access to every update, profile and ranking in the network's recruiting databases - for football and basketball. That subscription also gets you access to all the stories and all the message boards on all of the recruiting sites on the network. Get the best from Greg Biggins, Jamie Newberg, Chris Pool, Dave Telep, Tracy Pierson and Greg Hicks... and more.