From the Quinta Funderburke saga to Ashton Broyld and more, plenty of points were made by coaches and players.
- Quinta Funderburk is with the team, but will be redshirting for this season.
- Former JUCO WR Chris Clark is on the team and currently has a wrist injury.
- Marrone restated that (injured OL) Justin Pugh is among the best left tackles in the northeast, based on the players he's seen play in the northeast region.
- Marrone talked about Sean Hickey having better numbers than Pugh when he came to Syracuse.
- Marrone said that Hickey will start at left tackle and talked about comfort in having Hickey out on the field.
- Ashton Broyld will continue to play multiple positions, though Marrone hinted at him playing more running back initially.
- Tight End Louie Addazio is finishing up rehab in Philadelphia; will be starting camp on August 19th.
- Marrone on Foster, Tobias, and Hill reporting: "Kyle Foster is finishing up summer school…He will report officially, the first week when school starts. Also in that category is Greg Tobias and Macauley Hill."
- Marrone on Marcus Sales: "He has given us some big players in the past, and I think we can always reference the Pinstripe Bowl, but we're looking about what's going on today and what we're gonna do now, and we need to be a better football team on a daily basis and more consistent. So, for us, it's what are we gonna do to be able to win and Marcus Sales has the ability to help us do that."
- RBs coach Tyrone Wheatley doesn't know what to expect from the RBs, but stressed it will be a competition for playing time in camp.
- Adonis Ameen-Moore has slimmed down A LOT. He's ready to compete to be a starter.
- Rob Trudo is healthy, feels more comfortable this year, and is going to play at both guard and center in camp.
- DE Brandon Sharpe has a laceration, and Marrone wants to make sure it doesn't get infected.
- Marrone on Walls: "Davon Walls will be reporting, we believe, on Tuesday (August 7th). He has a test, in academics, obviously outside of Syracuse University, that he needs to complete before he becomes part of the team."
- New Linebackers' Coach, Steve Morrison, is already connected to the Syracuse Football staff, having worked with Defensive Coordinator, Scott Shafer, and Defensive Line Coach, Tim Daoust, at Western Michigan.
- John Raymon is still in the NCAA process, do not know eligibility for the season. He is awaiting a waiver.
- Marrone said that LB Marquis Spruill will not begin fall camp at Middle Linebacker. After first snap is competition.
- DE Deon Goggins had experience playing with incoming JUCO transfer NT Zian Jones.
- Incoming freshman DeVante McFarlane was listed as a safety on the most updated roster.
- Marrone on starting before Media Day: "We started this in January. I started this right after the last game. That's when we've started."
- Marrone talking about transitioning in place of starting when looking at Fall camp: "We're transitioning back in as coaches, right now with our players. Transitioning into more football related activities to become a better football team."
- Marrone wants to change the environment by going to Fort Drum with the intent of becoming a better football team. He specifically mentioned gaining discipline and practical leadership principles.
CuseNation.com's Dan Tortora and Mike McAllister contributed to this story