The three-star prospect said that distance from home will not be a deal breaker in his decision. But he said that Syracuse is making serious efforts to stay in touch and keep him in the Northeast.
"I talk to coach Acosta like everyday," Ryslik said. "He will direct message me on Twitter or Facebook everyday, just a couple words here and there.
"I keep in constant contact with him all the time, so it is always open."
He said he isn't sure when he will visit this summer, but he did say there was a strong chance he would be visiting with fellow New Jersey prospects Daivon Ellison and Dontae Strickland, the latter of which recently committed to the Orange.
"We are all working with each others plans," Ryslik said. "One of these days, I am pretty sure that all three of us are going to come up together and come up for the camp soon."
Ryslik said that he was not surprised that Strickland committed. And to a certain extent, he wanted to commit, too. But he realized that he needed to slow the recruiting process down for himself.
"I had known for a while that Dontae was going to commit, because we got to a point where we were thinking that me, Daivon and Dontae would all do something at once and maybe all commit to ‘Cuse," Ryslik said. "But then I realized that I got all caught up in the Twitter hype. I realized that maybe I shouldn't rush it."
Ryslik said that Syracuse was one of his top schools, but that "he wasn't going to commit to a school that he hasn't seen yet."
He said he is conflicted by the recruiting process. He likes that he is getting attention from schools, but he doesn't enjoy how grueling the process can be. Which is why Ryslik may decide his school in July or August. But it really depends on how his situation develops.
"I want to commit either during our football preseason or sometime during the season. If I hit a plateau—because between my first and second offer, it was like four or five months, but then there were also time where I got like four of five offers in 10 days," Ryslik said. "So, if it's August and I'm still getting offers and a bunch of schools are coming from left and right, then I will keep it open.
"But if it kind of halts and I have a legitimate top three, then I will probably make the decision."