- Louisville’s B.J. Dubose tackled Adonis Ameen-Moore in the end zone for a safety in the second quarter. It was the first safety by an Orange opponent since the Rutgers game in 2009, a span of 57 games. The Cardinals finished with two safeties in the contest, adding another in the fourth quarter.
- Syracuse recorded three sacks against the Cardinals. The Orange has at least one sack in every game this season and multiple quarterback takedowns in four out of five contests.
Sean Avant, So., WR
- Made his college football debut, lining up at receiver in the first quarter.
Eric Crume, Sr., NT
- Registered four tackles, including a career-high 2.0 for a loss.
Dyshawn Davis, Sr., LB
- Finished with five tackles, including 1.0 for a loss. Davis ranks seventh all-time at Syracuse with 34.0 career TFLs.
Prince-Tyson Gulley, Gr., RB
- Returned three punts for 31 yards, including a career-long, 27-yard run back in the second quarter. The 27-yard return was Gulley’s first since the 2011 season when he brought one back seven yards vs. Toledo.
Sean Hickey, Sr., OT
- Made his team-leading 31st consecutive start at left tackle.
Terrel Hunt, Sr., QB
- Made his 15th consecutive start.
- Completed 17-of-32 passes for 196 yards. Hunt is now tied with Todd Norley (1982-85) for eighth on SU’s record list for most career completions (250).
Ben Lewis, Jr., WR
- Received the first starting nod of his career.
- Had two receptions for 54 yards, including a career-long, 48-yard catch and run in the third quarter.
- Lewis is the only player on the Orange roster to catch multiple passes in every game this season.
Cameron Lynch, Sr., LB
- Totaled seven tackles to lead the Orange in that category for the fourth time in five games.
- Recorded a sack in the third quarter to raise his team-leading total to 5.5 for the season.
- Forced the third fumble of his career in the third quarter. The ball was recovered by Wayne Williams.
Cole Murphy, Fr., K
- Booted a personal-best two field goals against the Cardinals. Murphy connected from 21 and 24 yards out.2014 Syracuse University Football Postgame Notes
Josh Parris, Jr., TE
- Had a season-high five receptions for 34 yards.
Wayne Williams, Jr., NT
- Recovered the first fumble of his career in the third quarter.
- SU wore blue jerseys, white pants and orange helmets.
- Attendance for the game was 37,569.
- Louisville won the opening coin toss and elected to receive.