- The Orange is now 1-9 all-time against teams ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press poll at the time of the game, including a 1-3 mark at the Carrier Dome.
- Syracuse is 1-7 in its history against Florida State. The Seminoles have won the last seven series meetings.
- Ron Thompson sacked FSU quarterback Jameis Winston for a loss of three yards in the fourth quarter, extending the Orange’s streak of consecutive games with a sack to seven, including all six games this season.
Sean Avant, So., WR
- Made his first career reception in the fourth quarter. It went for six yards.
Prince-Tyson Gulley, Gr., RB
- Rushed for 80 yards to move into 22nd on SU’s list for the most career rushing yards (1,831).
- Tied his career high with seven receptions for 25 yards. - Gulley has 70 career receptions. He is the second Orange RB to reach the 70-catch plateau (Antwon Bailey, 92).
- Returned his first kickoff of the season 29 yards.
Sean Hickey, Sr., OT
- Made his team-leading 32nd consecutive start at left tackle.
Steve Ishmael, Fr., WR
- Set career highs for receptions (3), yards (93) and touchdowns (2).
- One of two players (Ben Lewis) to catch a pass in all six games this year.
- Caught the first touchdown of his career on a 22-yard pass from A.J. Long in the third quarter.
- Had a career-long, 36-yard reception in the first quarter.
Ben Lewis, Jr., WR
- Started his second consecutive game.
- Had one reception for 15 yards.
- One of two SU players (Steve Ishmael) with a catch in every game.
- Left the game in the third quarter with a lower-body injury and did not return.
Cameron Lynch, Sr., LB
- Led the Orange in tackles for the fifth time in six games. Lynch finished with nine tackles, including seven solo.
A.J. Long, Fr., QB
- Ninth true freshman quarterback to play for the Orange and the first since Andrew Robinson in 2006. Freshmen became eligible to play college football in 1972.
- Became the first Syracuse true freshman QB to a throw a touchdown pass in his college debut when he hooked up with rookie Steve Ishmael on a 22-yard scoring strike in the third quarter.
- Set the SU true freshman quarterback records for the most completions (16), passing yards (167) and touchdowns (2) in a debut.2014 Syracuse University Football Postgame Notes
Cole Murphy, Fr., K
- Tied his personal-best with two field goals against the Seminoles. Murphy connected from 21 and 32 yards out.
John Raymon, Jr., NT
- Played for the second consecutive game after recovering from a severe leg injury he suffered on Oct. 19, 2013 at Georgia Tech.
- Credited with his first two tackles of the season.
- Recovered the first fumble of his career in the second quarter.
Robert Welsh, Sr., DE
- Forced the first fumble of his career in the second quarter. It was recovered by John Raymon.
Jarrod West, Sr., WR
- Caught three passes for 59 yards to move into sole possession of seventh place on SU’s career list for most receptions (109).
Austin Wilson, So., QB
- Started the first game of his career in place of the injured Terrel Hunt.
- Was 5-for-9 passing for 89 yards and one interception.
- Left the game in the second half with an upper-body injury and did not return.
- SU wore blue jerseys, blue pants and orange helmets.
- Attendance was 43,295, the largest crowd for an Orange home game so far in 2014.
- Florida State won the opening coin toss and elected to receive.