- The Orange tallied two sacks against NC State and has at least one sack in every game this year and 10 straight contests dating back to 2013.
- After Ben Lewis’ TD reception with 15 seconds left in the first half broke a 127:35 drought between offensive touchdowns that dated back to the second quarter at Wake Forest on Oct. 18, Syracuse scored again 3:22 into the third quarter on 25-yard TD pass from A.J. Long to Steve Ishmael to make it two offensive TDs in the span of 3:37.
- The Orange recorded eight first downs and 138 yards of total offense in the first half. SU had eight first downs and 124 yards of offense in the third quarter alone.
- Syracuse had 88.9 percent of its total yards via the pass (307 out of 345).
Ritchy Desir, Sr., S
- Returned four punts for 35 yards. Desir is sixth all-time at Syracuse with 53 career punt returns.
Riley Dixon, Sr., P
- Punted nine times for 325 yards and ranks ninth all-time at Syracuse with 5,464 career punting yards.
Zaire Franklin, Sr., LB
- Posted a career-best eight tackles, including one for a loss of six yards.
Prince-Tyson Gulley, Gr., RB
- Totaled 34 all-purpose yards (28 rushing/6 receiving) and ranks 10th on Syracuse’s career list (3,343 yards), passing James Mungro (3,324 yards).
Ben Lewis, Jr., WR
- Returned to the starting lineup after missing the two games (Wake Forest, Clemson) due to injury and caught three passes for 28 yards.
- Scored his first career touchdown on a 15-yard grab near the end of the first half.
- Lewis and Ashton Broyld are the only two Orange receivers with a reception in every game they’ve played this year.
A.J. Long, Fr., QB
- Set a Syracuse true freshman record with 307 yards passing. Long was 22-of-42 with two touchdowns and two interceptions. It was the first 300-yard passing game by an Orange quarterback since Ryan Nassib threw for 385 yards at Missouri in 2012.
- Long has 72 completions this year, surpassing the Orange true freshman record of 70 set by Todd Norley in 1982.
- Three of Long’s four career touchdown passes have gone to Steve Ishmael and all have covered at least 22 yards.
Cameron Lynch, Sr., LB
- Made with a game-high 10 tackles. Lynch has led the Orange in tackles in seven out of nine games in 2014.
- Recorded a sack in the first half to raise his career total to 16.5, tied with three others for 10th on the Orange’s all-time sacks record list.
Jarrod West, Sr., WR
- Recorded his third career 100-yard receiving game with seven catches for a career-high 161 yards.
- Accounted for 59.4 pct. of the Orange’s 138 yards from scrimmage in the first half (3 receptions for 82 yards).
- Leapfrogged Art Monk (1,644 yards), Quinton Spotwood (1,653 yards) and Rob Carpenter (1,656 yards) for eighth on the team record list for most career receiving yards (1,746).
- SU wore all blue jersey, white pants and orange helmets for the second time this season.
- Today’s attendance was 40,787.
- Syracuse won the opening coin toss and deferred to the second half.