Kevin Huerter Cuts Syracuse From List

A 2017 offer wasn’t enough to keep Syracuse on Kevin Huerter’s list. He’s now down to 8 schools.

Thursday afternoon, Adam Zagoria broke the news that 2016 4-star guard Kevin Huerter is down to 8 schools.

Jimmy Hart, Huerter’s AAU coach, told that Kevin will officially visit Villanova (Aug. 30-31), Maryland (Sept. 4-6), Michigan (Sept. 12-14) and Notre Dame (Sept. 24-26).

Despite only offering the 6-foot-6 combo-guard a 2017 scholarship, Syracuse remained in the mix for quite a while. In the beginning of the summer, it looked as if the Orange would land a visit from Huerter and his family. When reached out to the Shenendehowa product last week, we got a much different vibe.

Kevin told he had no intentions, or plans, of visiting Syracuse and was currently setting up 2016 visits. This came just a week-or-so after reports indicated that Syracuse were among the schools working the hardest in his recruitment.

“If Syracuse had a 2016 scholarship available, they would be offering it to Kevin,” Hart told “And they would be right there. He has an offer for 2017 from Syracuse. [Mike] Hopkins and Gerry McNamara actually were on him earlier than most. He’s staying 2016 so they are out.”

The other four schools still in the mix for the 4-star guard are Iowa, Indiana, Creighton and Davidson, reports.

Cuse Nation Top Stories