- New walk-ons: P/K Nolan Cooney (#92), RB Winston Lee (#32)
- Lee was part of the track team this past year both indoor and outdoor. He placed 5th in the 60m at indoor ACC championships, 7th in 100m at outdoor ACC championships. He is originally from Hudson (N.Y.)
- Interesting new drill. The Syracuse running backs run through the high stepper while looking at assistant Mike Hart. Coach Hart holds up numbers, which the running backs have to recite while going running.
- Syracuse quarterbacks looked sharp. Both Eric Dungey and Zachary Mahoney displayed consistent accuracy.
- Culpepper was solid as well and is no longer wearing a knee brace.
- Both the offensive and defensive linemen have had clear body transformations. Defensive tackles look a bit slimmer, offensive linemen more chiseled.
- Dontae Strickland and Jordan Fredericks both moved well during running back drills. Strickland is now wearing #4. He wore #18 last season.
- Jacob Hill worked with the receivers and may be undersized, but he is lightning quick.
- New graduate transfer wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo (pictured above) looked fast. Syracuse coaches continued to shout instructions one some technique to refine his route running.
- Steve Ishmael routinely praised for his sharp route running. He caught everything thrown his way.
- Cam MacPherson ran good routes, but looks a step slower than Josh Parris.
- Defensive backs and linebackers largely stretched during the open portion of practice.
Syracuse Orange Football Training Camp Notebook: Practice #1
Cuse Nation Top Stories
Syracuse vs Boston U: What to Watch ForSyracuse returns to the hardwood on Saturday to face the Boston University Terriers.
Cuse Nation3:30 AM
Edwards Eyeing his Official VisitsBrian Edwards has four officials set, but one remains undecided. Florida's No. 6 safety discusses his upcoming official visits and more.
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:44 AM
Defense Dominates in SU's 76-30 win over CSUCuseNation.com recaps Wednesday's game between the Syracuse Orange and the Coppin State University Eagles.
Cuse NationWednesday at 11:20 AM
Syracuse first to offer ESL juniorsEast St. Louis (Ill.) juniors Jarell Anderson and Terrion Williams both picked up their first offers last week and both from the same school.
Scout FootballWednesday at 9:47 AM