Syracuse Fan Fest may have been cancelled due to inclement weather, but that did not stop the Orange football team from getting in their scheduled scrimmage. The squad did so inside the Carrier Dome, and Syracuse Athletics provided a recap along with some interesting notes.
- The team ran 150 plays in approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes of action.
- In the first half, the defense had two sacks, one interception and several fourth down stops.
- The first touchdown of the day was by sophomore running back Dontae Strickland on a 30-yard scamper. It was the only offensive touchdown in the first half.
- In the second half, freshman defensive back Evan Foster had a pick six.
- The defense had three sacks in the second half.
- Sophomore linebacker Troy Henderson Jr. recovered a fumble on the goal line to stop a potential score.
- The offense scored five touchdowns in the second half, led by a pair of scores by both sophomore running back Jordan Fredericks and senior wide receiver Amba Etta-Tawo.
- Dontae Strickland had the other second half touchdown with a 5-yard run.
- Quarterbacks Eric Dungey and Zachary Mahoney combined for three second half touchdown passes. Dungey connected with Etta-Tawo for one of his scores on a long pass down the sideline. He hit Fredericks for on the other. Mahoney hooked up with Etta-Tawo for a 30-yard scoring strike as well.
- Freshman linebacker Tim Walton had an interception.
- Sacks were recorded by Troy Henderson, De'Jon Wilson, Jaquwan Nelson, Steven Clark and Kenneth Ruff.
Full coverage of Syracuse football training camp can be found in your one stop shop HERE.null