- Syracuse ran 168 plays over a 1 hour and 36 minutes scrimmage.
- The scrimmage also included special teams plays including punt and kick returns.
- Eric Dungey threw for three touchdowns and ran for another.
- Dungey's first touchdown was a 50-yard pass to Amba Etta-Tawo, which came after a long run by sophomore running back Jordan Fredericks.
- Dungey's second scoring toss was a 20-yard strike to Ervin Philips.
- Fredericks caught Dungey's third touchdown pass, which was set up by two consecutive catches by Steve Ishmael.
- Freshman Rex Culpepper connected with his high school teammate, Scoop Bradshaw, for a touchdown pass.
- The Orange defense had five interceptions during the session. Two by Juwan Dowels and one each by Steven Clark, Ted Taylor and Corey Winfield.
- Jaquwan Nelson and Jonathan Thomas recorded a sack.
- The last segment of the practice focused on red zone work. Austin Wilson threw a 20-yard touchdown pass to Jamal Custis during that time.
"We will do one more [scrimmage], but it won't have the intensity that we had in this last one," head coach Dino Babers said via Syracuse Athletics. "This is the final one. We are about to solidify some depth charts. The next one will be geared exclusively toward Colgate.
"The ball security was good. Running the football and not letting go. People striking you and not giving it up. I thought on the defensive side they took advantage of some tipped balls and really broke on the football aggressively. They came up with some key interceptions that stopped some major drives."null