- Steve Ishmael looked more explosive than I've seen him in the last, continuing his strong camp. Caught everything thrown his way.
- Spent some time watching Ervin Philips. He is clearly much more comfortable as a receiver than last year. Ran crisp routes, quick in and out of his breaks, and looked good catching the ball. A significant change from a year ago.
- Defense worked a bit on alignment and defense line/linebacker assignments based on how the opponent lined up.
- Adly Enoicy made a couple of nice catches on out routes.
- Moe Neal was back with the running backs today.
- Devin Butler stayed with the running backs as well.
- Kyle Kleinberg was with the tight ends. He moves very well and has nice hands.
- Scoop Bradshaw was again with the receivers. This move could be permanent. He looked very sharp running routes out of the slot. Caught everything.
- One notable drop was from Kendall Moore, who promptly did push-ups as punishment. In his defense, the ball was thrown a bit behind him.
- Eric Dungey was accurate throwing deep corner routes, though he did have an overthrow or two.
- The offense also spent time working on bubble screens, both to the slot and outside receiver.
- As the offensive linemen worked on their stance and staying in it for a prolonged period of time, there noticeably fewer corrections than in previous practices. Nice to see Mackey MacPherson out there working with the guys.
- Really liked how Jordan Fredericks was moving during drills.
- Rex Culpepper and Zack Mahoney had a few nice throws as well.
CuseNation.com / Aubrie Rae Tolliver
Syracuse Football Training Camp Notebook: Practice #20
Cuse Nation Top Stories
Defense Dominates in SU's 76-30 win over CSUCuseNation.com recaps Wednesday's game between the Syracuse Orange and the Coppin State University Eagles.
Cuse Nation11:20 AM
Replacing AmbaSyracuse will have to find a replacement for All-ACC receiver Amba Etta-Tawo next season. CuseNation.com breaks down some early candidates.
Cuse NationYesterday at 8:00 PM
Moos Locks in Syracuse OfficialThree-star tight end Ben Moos enjoys Syracuse in-home visit, picks up an offer and sets an official visit date. Details inside.
Cuse NationYesterday at 7:45 AM
Video: Boeheim Recaps Loss to UConnSyracuse head coach Jim Boeheim recaps the Orange's loss to UConn at MSG.
Cuse NationMonday at 7:40 PM