SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- It may only be one week, but the Syracuse offense is already all over college football's statistical leaders. In fact, they have the nation's leading receiver in Amba Etta-Tawo in terms of yards and leading receiver in terms of receptions per game in Ervin Philips.
Here's a look at some other notable statistics and where the Orange rank.
- Amba Etta-Tawo leads the country with 210 receiving yards. Second is Akron's Jerome Lane with 196.
- Ervin Philips is tied with Cal's Chad Hansen leading the nation in receptions per game with 14. Etta-Tawo is third with his 12 grabs.
- Eric Dungey is 23rd in passing efficiency and 12th in passing yards.
- Leading the nation in passing efficiency is Louisville's Lamar Jackson, who faces the Orange on Friday.
- Syracuse has the nation's sixth best passing offense at 437 yards per game.
- The Orange ranks 21st in total offense.
- SU is sixth in total defense, 15th in passing yards allowed and 9th in rushing yards allowed.
Syracuse (1-0, 0-0) kicks off with Louisville (1-0, 0-0) on Friday night at 8:00pm inside the Carrier Dome. You can purchase tickets HERE. Scout premium members get 10% off.