Syracuse Athletics provided an update on how the football team performed in their first scrimmage of the spring session on Saturday. The most notable items are listed below.
- The defense started out the scrimmage strong with two safeties, an interception (Scoop Bradshaw) and a fumble recovery (Kendall Coleman).
- Eric Dungey threw touchdown passes to Ravian Pierce and Steve Ishmael.
- Pierce finished with two scoring grabs, including a 20-yarder during the red zone portion of the scrimmage.
- Moe Neal also had two touchdown grabs.
- Dontae Strickland had one score on a one-yard run.
- Backup running back Tyrone Perkins scored three touchdowns. Two were on short runs while the third was on a screen pass.
- Kielan Whitner and Christopher Fredrick each had an interception.
- Parris Bennett, Andrew Armstrong and Kendall Coleman each recorded a sack.
"We got 129 plays in 90 minutes. It's a tad slow, but we don't have the depth that we're going to have in the fall," head coach Dino Babers said via SU Athletics. "I thought the way they went after it, the sounds you were hearing during the scrimmage, it sounded like a football game and that's good to hear the first time out."