1) Here's Johnnie!: Morant has played like a man possessed this year, finally fulfilling expectations and cashing in on his wealth of potential. Morant's 19 catches for 341 yards is by far the best on the Orangemen. Morant's drawn praise from teammates and coaches, who are thankful they finally have a big-play threat on every down. Morant injured his ankle in the fourth quarter of last Saturday's game – and injury seems to be the only obstacle in Morant's way right now.
2) The secondary. Yeah, you read correctly. The Orangemen defense has shown progress in each of the first three games. After allowing 47 and 30 points to UNC and Louisville respectively, the Orangemen held a solid passing team in UCF to a mere 14 points.
Should the front four keep applying pressure on opposing quarterbacks, and work out a few sacks, the defense will only get better.
3) RJ Anderson/Walter Reyes. These two roommates have been outstanding so far.
Reyes should be considered in the running for the Heisman, rushing for 241 yards against UCF. He's got eight touchdowns already and should break several records before season's end.
Anderson's drawn high praise for his leadership, both verbally and by example. Anderson's averaging 216 yards a game and has yet to throw an interception.
4) Special teams. Collin Barber, after winning the starting job right before the start of the season, has proven consistent thus far, hitting 5-of-6 field goals. Steve Gregory has had some outstanding punt coverage plays, and Brendan Carney has punted the ball to the tune of 42.8 yards a punt.
5) Upcoming schedule. It seems unlikely that the Orangemen will do worse than winning four games. Syracuse already has two wins under its belt, and should collect two more with Temple and Rutgers on the horizon.
HACK ATTACK: Five reasons to be cheerful
Cuse Nation Top Stories
CB Boykins Talks Syracuse VisitCLIFTON, Va. -- Noah Boykin, the No. 5 cornerback in the East, is looking heavily at schools from the ACC, Big Ten and Big 12.
Scout FootballFriday at 4:30 AM
CB Tallandier Details Decision TimeCLIFTON, Va. -- East No. 3 cornerback Judson Tallandier said a handful of schools are on him the most, and he discussed them with Scout.
Scout FootballThursday at 7:44 AM
Syracuse Offer "Big Time" for Jalen CareyOne of the top guard prospects in the 2018 class is New Jersey star Jalen Carey. He picked up an offer from Syracuse on Tuesday, and discusses his interest in the Orange inside.
Cuse NationThursday at 3:06 AM
Jones Has Syracuse ConnectionAntwann Jones is one of the most explosive scorers in the 2018 class. While he does not have an offer from Syracuse yet, he has an interesting connection to the program.
Cuse NationTuesday at 7:28 PM
Washington, D.C., The Opening: Top 10 DefenseCLIFTON, Va. -- Scout takes a look at the Top 10 defensive players from Sunday's The Opening Regional at Centreville High.
Scout FootballTuesday at 9:36 AM