Defense played spectacular for as long as they could, holding the Spartans to 227 total yards. MSU completed only 11 passes for 104 yards. But, you can't go on the field time and time again with just three plays to rest. This game reminded so much of 2008 Utah.
3. Jason Verrett proved that he is good; really good. That very well could've been his last game in a TCU uniform. In all honesty, he looks ready for the next level.
4. TCU defense has ten returning starters next year but I would say at least one of those guys will get beat out in the spring or fall by a redshirt or true freshman.
5. No one is questioning Boykin's arm strength after his long toss to Listenbee of 59-yards.
6. Speaking of Listenbee, word from inside the program has said he is going to be really special before his career is over.
7. Devonte Fields picked up his 10th sack of the season. He will be the face of the program next season; count on it.
8. Good ‘ole Coach P pulled a fast one on the media saying Tausch was hurt and would miss the game. Not only did Tausch start, but he played most of the game.
9. Can't help but be excited at the prospects of Chucky Hunter, Davion Pierson, Terrell Lathan and Jon Lewis returning on the defensive interior next year. Pierson again had a big game plugging the middle.
10. Michigan State was as advertised against the run, holding the Frogs to only 2.9 yards per carry. But, Tucker and Catalon only totaled 15 carries. No Aundre Dean either.
11. Ladarius Brown needs more touches next year. Many more touches. He's the big, elite receiver TCU has coveted and he's just scratching the surface on his potential.
12. Two plays could've changed the game; Verrett's near interception and the very next play was Cain's tipped pass that Sam Carter nearly intercepted. The plays could've changed the whole complexity of the game.
13. Skye Dawson made plenty of plays for the Frogs during his career; just look back to last year's Poinsettia Bowl. But, while I know the coaches put the trust in him to field a punt, he's struggled most of the year. His fumble was inside the ten and it makes me wonder if he was yelled at for his previous return that he called the fair catch on and bounced to the 4-yard line. Something tells me that had a lot to do with Dawson even going for the punt he fumbled. I feel bad for Skye because there isn't anyone on the team who likely took the loss tougher.
14. Josh Boyce broke Kelly Blackwell's single reception mark of 64 catches with 5 catches on the night finishing with 66 for the year. He is one catch shy of Mike Renfro's career record of 162 catches.
16. Michigan State's William Gholston was a tough test for Fabuluje. He'll be a player at the next level.
17. Although TCU lost, the speed differential was obvious from the get-go.
18. I thought the Frogs might attack the seams a little more with Brandon Carter, such as they did a few weeks ago against Oklahoma. Carter is the type of player who should get no less than 6 touches a game.
19. Chrome helmets with the white uniforms still the best look.
20. TCU looked like they traveled well to the game; much louder than Spartan fans.
21. I still woke up thinking TCU didn't lose the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
22. Is it March yet? Can't wait to see the position battles!