TCU completed their second practice of the season on Friday and the media was allowed access to see the first 15 minutes. In addition, post practice was open to the media to talk about the progress with head coach Gary Patterson.
DONUTS FROM PRACTICE:
* The team practiced outside, but finished up their last few practice periods inside, with temperatures in the low 100s on Friday.
* The first five practices are teaching days, but Patterson said practices have been "good." Patterson said it is history class when it comes to practices. He's always done five days of teaching.
* The Frogs have moved Casey McDermott to offensive guard. Patterson referenced his bull rushing ability as one of the best on the team and it will translate to guard knocking people off the ball.
* Their is only one true freshman in the Frogs two-deep at this point. Vernon Scott is working as the second-team corner.
* No significant update in the quarterback race.
* Patterson said he doesn't feel comfortable with any of the new guys on the defensive line, but said he saw progress from day one to day two.
* Isaiah Graham continues to be a guy who has caught the staff's eye.
* Patterson said he didn't even see the USA Today Coaches Poll, but did say he believed it was good for recruiting.
* Juco LB Tyree Horton has surprised Patterson with his high football IQ. "I see him as he goes getting better and better through two-days and this season."