TCU MEDIA RELATIONS:
FORT WORTH, Texas – TCU (16-7, 5-5) looks to build on its school-record five Big 12 wins when it hosts Texas Tech (16-7, 4-6) Tuesday at 8 p.m. in Schollmaier Arena.
The game will be broadcast on ESPNEWS with Mitch Holthus (Play-By-Play) and Stephen Howard (Color) calling the action. The game can also be heard on KLIF AM 570, KTCU 88.7 FM, Sirius 132, XM 383, FrogVision or TuneIn Radio.
Texas Tech is 16-7 overall and 4-6 in the Big 12 following its 77-69 win against Oklahoma on Saturday. The Red Raiders have won two of their last three games, both at home. Tech is 14-1 at home and 1-5 on the road with its lone win at Richmond on Dec. 17. Keenan Evans leads the team in scoring with 14.2 points per game. Zach Smith leads the rebounding effort at 7.7 per game.
Texas Tech leads the all-time series 79-50 including a 31-30 advantage in Fort Worth. Tech won the first meeting this season, 75-69, in Lubbock on Jan. 8. Vladimir Brodziansky led the Frogs in Lubbock with 22 points and six rebounds. Both teams feature head coaches in their first season with their respective teams in TCU’s Jamie Dixon and Texas Tech’s Chris Beard.
RECORD CROWD/ATTENDANCE UP
On Jan. 21, a crowd of 7,276, which included over 1,400 students, witnessed an exciting game with 16 lead changes that resulted in a 62-53 loss by TCU to No. 6 Baylor. It was the largest crowd in the two-season history of the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena. Overall, it was the third-largest in TCU history. Schollmaier’s capacity is listed at 6,700. TCU is averaging 6,201 fans per home game this season. That is the most since the program saw an average of 6,341 for its 11 home games during the 1986-87 season, Jamie Dixon’s senior year, which stands as the most in program history.
For the first time since the 2001-02 season, TCU has a pair of teammates with at least 100 assists with Alex Robinson at 128 assists and Jaylen Fisher at 101. In the 2001-02 season Corey Santee dished out 180 and Junior Blount had 131.
TCU has shot over 50 percent from the field in three consecutive games for the first time since Feb. 2001. The Frogs shot 50.8 percent from the field against Auburn on Jan. 28, 50.0 percent at K-State on Feb. 1 and 51.7 percent on Feb. 4. In 2001, TCU shot 52.2 percent against Nevada on Feb. 17, 50.8 percent at Hawaii on Feb. 22 and 50.8 percent at San Jose State on Feb. 24.
3-POINT SHOOTING UP
TCU has made 10 or more 3-pointers in a game four times this season including a season-high 11 threes against Jacksonville State. In the four seasons prior to this one, TCU had just three games where it hit at least 10 3-pointers. The Frogs had nine-such games during the 2011-12 season.
• TCU’s five conference wins are its most in the Big 12. TCU is in its fifth season in the league.
• TCU’s NCAA RPI is 41.
• TCU is 16-4 against unranked opponents.
• The Frogs are 12-3 at home this season and 3-4 on the road.
• TCU is 15-3 when outrebounding its opponent.
• TCU is 7-1 when shooting over 50 percent from the field.
• TCU is 13-1 when leading at halftime (Baylor).
• TCU is 10-2 when forcing more turnovers than it commits (Baylor, Auburn).
• TCU’s 76.5 points per game is the highest average since the 2002-03 season (80.4).
• TCU is shooting 46.6 percent from the field, the most since the 1998-99 season (49.1).
• TCU’s 17.0 assists per game is the most since the 2000-01 season (18.9).
• TCU’s 36.8 rebounds per game is the most since the 2002-03 season (38.9).
• TCU currently ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 in assists (17.0).
• Kenrich Williams ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 with 9.4 rebounds per game.
• Williams is averaging 11.8 points and 9.0 rebounds, over the last eight games.
• Brandon Parrish is a 2017 Allstate NABC Good Works Team® nominee.
• Parrish ranks 10th all-time in games played in school history. He is 10 away from the most in school history (129).
• Karviar Shepherd is No. 6 all-time in career starts at TCU with 97. He played in his 100th game against Arkansas State
• Shepherd has tallied 613 career rebounds and needs 87 to become only the 10th player all-time to capture 700 boards.
• Robinson has led TCU in assists 16 times this season.
• Williams ranks No. 19 in the NCAA and No. 2 in the Big 12 in offensive rebounds with a 3.4 average on the season.
• Vladimir Brodziansky ranks second in the Big 12 and 21st nationally with 2.4 blocks per game.
• Brodziansky’s 56 total blocks ranks eighth for the most in school history for a single season.
• TCU’s win at Texas was its first in Austin in 30 years, which was Jamie Dixon’s senior year.
• TCU swept the season series over Texas for the first time in 30 years.
• TCU’s win over Iowa State was its first in 20 years.
• TCU’s win at Kansas State was its first win in Manhattan in 18 years.