A free throw with 1.4 seconds left by guard Alex Robinson gave TCU a 62-61 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The Red Raiders were a top 50 Ken Pom squad and will likely help the Frogs RPI.
TCU (17-7, 6-5) was led by freshman Jaylin Fisher's 17 points, but J.D. Miller's four three-pointers was the biggest difference maker. Miller's three with 1:54 left gave TCU their first lead in nearly 17 minutes of the game.
“I was just really feeling it, honestly,” Miller told reporters, including the Fort Worth Star Telegram. “My teammates were giving me open looks and I kept knocking them down. That seemed to settle us down.”
Team Notes From TCU Media Relations:
* The Horned Frogs are now 6-5 and in fourth place in the Big 12. The six wins represent their most in five seasons in the conference. It is also the latest in a Big 12 campaign that TCU has been over .500 in conference play.
* TCU has its first three-game winning streak in five seasons of Big 12 play.
* TCU shot 47.6 percent from the field, snapping its streak of three straight games over 50 percent from the field for the first time since February 2001. The Horned Frogs were looking for a fourth consecutive contest of at least 50 percent for the first time since December 1998.
* TCU led 31-30 at the half and is now 14-1 when ahead at the break.
* The Horned Frogs improved to 13-3 at home.
* TCU held a 35-28 rebounding edge and is now 16-3 when outboarding its opponent.
* TCU’s 21 turnovers were one of a season-best 22 in the win at Kansas State.
* TCU graduate and recent Pro Football Hall of Fame selection LaDainian Tomlinson was in attendance.
* TCU featured the same starting lineup (Jaylen Fisher, Alex Robinson, Kenrich Williams, JD Miller and Vladimir Brodziansky) for the 14th time in the last 15 games.
* TCU returns to action Saturday with a 1 p.m. game at Baylor.
* Jaylen Fisher’s career-high 17 points put him in double figures for a third straight game and 13th time on the season. His previous career best was 16 points at Texas.
* Fisher had three 3-pointers for his third straight game with multiple treys. It was one shy of a career-high four at Texas earlier this season.
* TCU is now 12-1 when Fisher scores in double figures.
* Vladimir Brodziansky had 14 points to reach double figures in scoring for a team-best 17th time this season.
* JD Miller was 4-of-4 on 3-point attempts to give him 11 treys in the last five games after not having any in the previous six contests. The four 3-pointers equaled a career-high set at Kansas State earlier this season.
* Miller’s 15 points put him in double figures for the third time in the last four contests. He reached double digits in scoring in just four of the opening 19 games.
* Kenrich Williams had 11 rebounds to lead TCU for the 17th time in 24 games this season.