TCU MEDIA RELATIONS:
FORT WORTH, Texas – In its final regular season game, TCU (17-13, 6-11) will try for its first-ever win at Oklahoma (10-19, 4-13) when the Horned Frogs visit the Sooners Saturday at 2 p.m.
The game will be broadcast on ESPNEWS with Jason Benetti (Play-By-Play) and Reid Gettys (Color) calling the action. The game can also be heard on KLIF AM 570, KTCU 88.7 FM, FrogVision or TuneIn Radio.
Oklahoma is coming off a 73-63 loss at Kansas on Monday, in a game the Sooners led much of the way. OU is led in scoring by underclassmen guards Kameron McGusty and Rashard Odomes. McGusty, a freshman, is averaging 10.6 points per game, while Odomes, a sophomore, is at 10.3 points per game.
Oklahoma leads the all-time series 18-3 with a 7-0 advantage in Norman. Last season, the Sooners cruised to a 95-72 win at home. In the first meeting this season, Alex Robinson scored a game-high 18 points to lead the Frogs to a 60-57 win in Fort Worth on Jan. 3
• TCU was at .500 (6-6) in conference play through 12 games for the first time since the 2011-12 season.
• TCU’s six conference wins are its most ever in the Big 12. TCU is in its fifth season in the league.
• TCU’s win at Texas was its first in Austin in 30 years, which was Jamie Dixon’s senior year.
• TCU swept the season series over Texas for the first time in 30 years.
• TCU’s win over Iowa State was its first in 20 years.
• TCU’s win at Kansas State was its first win in Manhattan in 18 years.
• TCU won three-straight conference games for the first time since the 2007-08 season when it was in the Mountain West.
• TCU has dropped three-straight home games by a combined total of five points after back-to-back one-point losses.
• TCU is in seventh place in the Big 12 standings. The Frogs were picked last (10th) in the preseason poll.
• TCU is guaranteed to have its highest finish in the Big 12 Conference in its five seasons in the league.
• Jamie Dixon has won the most games of any TCU head coach in his first year with the program.
• TCU’s six-game slide is the second longest losing streak of Dixon’s career. He lost eight straight in 2011-12 at Pittsburgh.
• In its five seasons in the Big 12, TCU has three road conference wins, two of those wins coming this season.
• Jamie Dixon has coached as many conference wins (6) as TCU had in the last three years combined.
• TCU’s NCAA RPI is 69 and strength of schedule is 25.
• TCU’s last postseason tournament bid came in 2012 with the CBI.
• TCU last played in the NCAA Tournament in 1998 with its last win in the tournament coming in 1987 when Dixon was a player.
• TCU last played in the NIT in 2005.
• The Frogs are 13-6 at home this season and 3-7 on the road.
• TCU is 16-5 when outrebounding its opponent.
• TCU is 7-2 when shooting over 50 percent from the field.
• TCU is 14-2 when leading at halftime (Baylor, WVU).
• TCU is 10-3 when forcing more turnovers than it commits.
• TCU’s 73.8 points per game is the highest average since the 2002-03 season (80.4).
• TCU is shooting 46.2 percent from the field, the most since the 1998-99 season (49.1).
• TCU’s 16.5 assists per game is the most since the 2000-01 season (18.9).
• TCU’s 35.6 rebounds per game is the most since the 2002-03 season (38.9).
• TCU currently ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 23 in the NCAA in assists (16.5).
• TCU currently ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 and 32nd in the NCAA in blocked shots (4.9).
• Kenrich Williams ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 38 in the NCAA with 9.3 rebounds per game.
• Williams ranks No. 26 in the NCAA and No. 2 in the Big 12 in offensive rebounds with a 3.25 average on the season.
• Williams ranks second in the conference with 12 double-doubles this season.
• Jaylen Fisher leads the Big 12 freshmen in assists per game at 4.3. He has made at least one 3-pointer in 16 consecutive games.
• Brandon Parrish is a 2017 Allstate NABC Good Works Team® nominee.
• Parrish ranks third all-time in games played in school history. He is 2 away from the most in school history (129).
• Alex Robinson has led TCU in assists 22 times this season and has had at least four assists in all but five games this season.
• Robinson is five assists shy of cracking the top 10 for the most assists in a season at TCU. Jamie Dixon (86-87) is No. 10 (168).
• Vladimir Brodziansky ranks second in the Big 12 and 22nd nationally with 2.4 blocks per game.
• Brodziansky’s 72 total blocks ranks as the third most in school history for a single season.