TCU MEDIA RELATIONS:
MANHATTAN, Kan. – A five spot in the top of the 11th helped No. 3 TCU extend its winning streak to six games as the Horne Frogs blanked Kansas State 5-0 night. The shutout for TCU was its first of the season.
Jared Janczak, who was perfect through six innings, allowing just three base runners in nine innings. After allowing a pair of hits in the first, K-State starter Justin Heskett retired 17 straight to get the game into the seventh.
The Frogs had chances to get on the board in the first, seventh and eighth innings, but two diving plays on the infield saved runs in the first and eighth. TCU stranded five runners in the first nine innings.
TCU was finally able to break through in the 11th. Austen Wade legged out an infield single to open the inning. With one out, Evan Skoug was hit by a pitch to put two on. Luken Baker drove in the first run of the game with a base hit through the left side. Josh Watson doubled TCU’s lead with an infield single. Elliott Barzilli broke the game open with a three-run double.
Sean Wymer (2-1) retired all six batters he faced in relief to record the victory.
Stat of the Game
18 – For the second time this season, Jared Janczak carried a perfect game into the seventh inning. He retired the first 18 batters he faced.
• TCU played in extra innings for just the third time this season.
• TCU improved to 3-0 in extra innings this season.
• TCU has won six straight extra inning games dating back to 2015.
• TCU swiped multiple bases for the 12th time this season.
• TCU has tallied multiple runs in an inning 37 times this season.
• Cam Warner pushed his hitting streak to nine games.
• Evan Skoug has reached base safely in nine straight games.
• Skoug has an eight-game hitting streak.
• Austen Wade has reached base safely in 14 straight games.
• Wade collected his sixth multi-hit game of the season and the 25th of his career.
• Elliott Barzilli tallied his first multi-RBI game of the season and the 24th of his career.
• Luken Baker stretched his hitting streak to six games.
TCU improves to 20-5 overall with the victory. TCU and K-State will square off in Game 2 of the seriesafternoon at Nick Lodolo will get the start for the Horned Frogs and face the Wildcats’ Parker Rigler. The game will be available on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.