TCU MEDIA RELATIONS:
NORMAN, Okla. – For the second straight game No. 24 Oklahoma walked-off with a victory, topping TCU 10-9 on Sunday afternoon. The Horned Frogs rallied back from an early deficit to take a lead, but could not hold on.
A trio of home runs helped Oklahoma open up a 7-0 advantage through the first three innings of the ballgame.
TCU began its bid for a comeback with a four-spot in the fourth. With the bases loaded, Ryan Merrill was hit by a pitch to drive in the first run of the game. A bases-loaded walk to Josh Watson followed. Michael Landestoy battled through an 11-pitch at-bat and came through with a 2-run single to make it a 7-4 ballgame.
Oklahoma responded with a run in the fourth to push the lead back to four, but the Frogs continued to fight. TCU got a two-run home run from Evan Skoug in the fifth and Josh Watson delivered a two-out RBI single to make it a one-run ballgame, 8-7, heading to the sixth.
Connor Wanhanen opened the sixth with a base hit and Zach Humphreys completed the comeback with a two-run home run to put the Frogs on top, 9-8.
It was not to be as Oklahoma tied the game in the bottom of the sixth as it took advantage of a one-out double and a balk to score the tying run. The Sooners walked-off with a one-out single in the bottom of the ninth
Stat of the Game
14 – Evan Skoug hit his 14th home run of the season, the most for a Horned Frog since Bryan Holaday had 17 in 2010.
• TCU has scored multiple runs in an inning 79 times this season.
• TCU hit multiple home runs in a game for the 12th time this season.
• TCU played errorless baseball for the 18th time this season.
• Evan Skoug has reached base safely in 29 straight games.
• Skoug hits his 14th home run of the season and the 30th of his career.
• Skoug also tallied his 14th multi-RBI game of the year and the 40th of his career.
• Connor Wanhanen has reached base safely in 16 straight games.
• Ryan Merrill has reached base safely in 18 straight games.
• Michael Landestoy tallied his first multi-RBI game of the season and the fourth of his career.
• Josh Watson picked up his 5th multi-RBI game of the year and the 19th of his career.
• Elliott Barzilli collected his 8th multi-hit game of the season and the 51st of his career.
• Zach Humphreys collected his third multi-hit game and his fourth multi-RBI game of the season.
• Humphreys hit his second home run of the season.
• Cam Warner has reached base safely in nine games.
With the loss, TCU falls to 36-13 overall and 16-6 in Big 12 play. TCU will make a brief stop at home to wrap up its regular season home schedule with a Tuesday night tilt against UT Arlington. First pitch against the Mavericks is set for 6:30.