TCU MEDIA RELATIONS:
NORMAN, Okla. – Evan Skoug’s grand slam in the sixth inning sparked a six-run frame as No. 6 TCU closed out its regular season home schedule with a 6-1 win over UT Arlington. The junior has now homered in three straight games.
TCU’s Haylen Green and UT Arlington’s Brad Vassar went toe-to-toe for four innings as neither team could mount much of a threat. Green pitched around a pair of two-out base runners in the third, ultimately retiring 12 of the 14 batters he faced while on the mound. TCU mustered just four base runners in the first five innings, two of which were erased on double play balls.
The Horned Frogs finally cashed in with a six-spot in the sixth inning. Michael Landestoy reached on a wild pitch to start the inning. Back-to-back base hits from Austen Wade and Connor Wanhanen loaded the bases with nobody out. Evan Skoug lined a grand slam over the right field fence to break the scoreless tie.
Four batters later with two in scoring position, Josh Watson bounced a single through the middle to extend the lead to six.
Trey Morris (2-0) took over in the fifth and turned in four shutout frames of his own. He allowed just two base runners in his time on the mound.
UT Arlington’s lone run of the contest came in the ninth inning on a bases-loaded sacrifice fly. Cal Coughlin got the final two outs of the game to seal the TCU victory.
Stat of the Game
6 – Evan Skoug has six home runs in his last seven games played. He has homered in three straight games and collected his second grand slam of the season in the win.
• TCU has scored multiple runs in an inning 80 times this season.
• TCU has homered in 29 games this season.
• TCU wrapped up its regular season home schedule with a 23-4 record.
• TCU has hit four grand slams this season.
• Haylen Green made his first career start.
• Austen Wade returned to the lineup after missing four games with an injury.
• Wade has now reached base safely in 34 straight games.
• Wade stretched his hitting streak to eight games.
• Wade tallied his 15th multi-hit game of the season and the 34th of his career.
• Evan Skoug has reached base safely in 30 straight games.
• Skoug hits his 15th home run of the season and the 31st of his career.
• Skoug also tallied his 15th multi-RBI game of the year and the 41st of his career.
• Connor Wanhanen has reached base safely in 17 straight games.
• Josh Watson picked up his sixth multi-RBI game of the year and the 20th of his career.
• Elliott Barzilli pushed his hitting streak to seven games.
• Cam Warner has reached base safely in 10 games.
With the win, TCU improves to 37-13 on the season. The Horned Frogs will hit the road for the final three games of the regular season. TCU will take on Cal in a non-conference series startingnight. First pitch is set for ?