TCU MEDIA RELATIONS:
BERKELEY, Calif. – Cal used a five-run sixth inning to break a 1-1 tie and went on to post an 8-3 win over No. 6 TCUafternoon at Evans Diamond.
Cal opened the scoring in the third inning on a one-out solo home run by Jonah Davis.
TCU had the lead-off batter on in three of the first four innings but couldn’t capitalize.
The tie was
After Cal added another run in the seventh, TCU tried to mount a rally with a two-spot in the eighth. Wade and Humphreys reached on back-to-back singles. Warner drove in his second run of the game with a base hit to right and Nolan Brown bounced out to first to make it a 7-3 ballgame.
That’s as close as TCU would get as Cal added a solo home run in the eighth and Tanner Dodson worked around a pair of one-out hits in the ninth to seal the victory.
Stat of the Game
3 – Zach Humphreys threw out three base runners attempting to steal second base.
• TCU has scored multiple runs in an inning 81 times this season.
• Zach Humphreys tallied his fourth multi-hit game of the season.
• Cam Warner recorded his 17th multi-hit game and the 40th of his career.
• Warner posted his 11th multi-RBI game of the season and the 21st of his career.
• Connor Wanhanen has reached base safely in 20 straight games.
• Wanhanen has hit safely in nine straight games.
• Elliott Barzilli has reached base safely in 10 games.
TCU concludes the regular season with a 39-14 record. The Horned Frogs will be the No. 2 seed in the upcoming Phillips 66 Big 12 Tournament in Oklahoma City. TCU’s opponent and game time are yet to be determined. The opening day of the tournament is set for.