10. Cotton Bowl, Jan. 1, Fox 11:00 am- Texas A&M vs. Tennessee The Cotton Bowlers are disappointed it won't be a sea of orange with Texas going off to Pasadena, but A&M-Tennessee is a better matchup. When it comes to post-bowl season analysis, this will be one of the big ones for conference pride. Each team has big plans for 2005 and wants to kick things off here on a high note. Stars of the show: Texas A&M QB Reggie McNeal, Tennessee RB Gerald Riggs Jr. The knee jerk, off-the-cuff initial prediction: Tennessee 24 - Texas A&M 20
Not surprisingly, Collegefootballnews.com ranks the Orange Bowl game between Southern Cal and Oklahoma for the BCS national title No. 1, noting that four of the top Heisman Trophy candidates will be on display.
Oddly, the Liberty Bowl comes in No. 2. That's because it pits the nation's top-scoring team, Louisville (50.3 points per game) against runnerup Boise State (49.7 ppg). The over-and-under for that game may be 100 points.
Collegefootballnews.com's top 10 bowls are as follows:
1. Orange: Southern Cal vs. Oklahoma
2. Liberty: Louisville vs. Boise State
3. Holiday: Cal vs. Texas Tech
4. Capital One: Louisiana State vs. Iowa
9. Rose: Michigan vs. Texas
10. Texas A&M vs. Tennessee
For an in-depth look at these interesting rankings, go to Collegefootballnews.com.