Linebacker Kevin Burnett may have made a smart move by returning for his
senior season at Tennessee. The folks at Collegefootballnews.com think he'll
be rewarded with a pro contract befitting a first-round NFL Draft pick.
Burnett was projected as a third-round pick had he turned pro following his
junior season of 2003.
CFN.com's first mock draft of 2005 predicts six SEC players will be taken in
the first round of this spring's NFL talent roundup. They are:
* Auburn running back Cadillac Williams to the Chicago Bears with pick No. 4
* Auburn running back Ronnie Brown to the Tampa Bay Bucs with pick No. 5
* Georgia defensive end David Pollack to the Dallas Cowboys with pick No. 11
* Georgia safety Thomas Davis to the Minnesota Vikings with pick No. 18
* Florida linebacker Channing Crowder to the St. Louis Rams with pick No. 19
* Tennessee linebacker Kevin Burnett to the New York Jets with pick No. 26