HOW VOLS MET NEEDS: Tennessee's unofficial recruiting motto was ''Safety First,'' and the Vols accomplished their mission by signing a half-dozen quality defensive backs. So, how did they meet their other needs? Here's a position-by-position breakdown.
RECALLING THE CLASS OF '01: Four years ago, Tennessee signed a ballyhooed recruiting class that featured three of the country's top 10 prep tailbacks. Now that the dust has settled, we take a long, hard look at the studs and duds that came out of that class.
• Bios and an assortment of info on all 27 members of UT's No. 1 signing class.
• A look at how Jonathan Crompton went from prized prospect to accomplished recruiter.
• A feature on the U.S. Army All-American Bowl which is rapidly becoming a national football classic.
• How the teams of the SEC stack up in this year's recruiting wars.
• National rankings of the top 25 schools.
• Ranking of the top 100 prospects in the Class of 2005.
• In-depth features on Chris Scott, Slick Shelley and Ulysses Alexander
If you like recruiting, this issue is a MUST.
Only a limited number is printed. Issue will be mailed on Friday.
Order your copy today by calling 1-800-828-8657
or e-mail Camille@rockytop.com with your name, address, phone number, credit card number/expiration date and number of copies needed. Single issue price is $6.00
Rocky Top News
P.O. Box 53192
Knoxville, TN 37950
Also available on Newstands at the following locations:
Davis Kidd Bookstore
Jackson, TN 38303
Tobacco Corner Newsroom
671 South Mendenhall Drive
Memphis, TN 38117
Tennessee Sports Fan
379 Opry Mills Drive-Suite #379
Nashville, TN 37214
* Select Krogers
* Select Walmarts
* Select Weigels
* Select Books-A- Million
* Select Bi-Lo's
* Select Food City's
* Select Bookstores