* The Wildcats are playing at Rupp Arena, and it's Senior Night. Anyone who has attended a Senior Night in Lexington knows how emotionally charged the atmosphere is. Kentucky's record for its last 84 Senior Night games is 80-4.
* Vol head man Buzz Peterson beat Kentucky the first time he faced the Big Blue (76-74 on Feb. 6, 2002 in Knoxville) but has lost six in a row since then. The last two were by 32 points (last February in Lexington) and 22 points (earlier this season in Knoxville).
* Kentucky has won 24 of the last 25 meetings with UT in Lexington. Peterson is 0-3 there, losing by 3 points in 2002, by 12 in 2003 and by 32 in 2004.
* Tennessee limps into Lexington with a 12-15 record, having lost eight of its last 10 games.
* The Vols face the added pressure of playing to save their coach's job. A decision on Peterson's fate reportedly will be announced before the SEC Tournament.
It all adds up to an imposing challenge for a Vol team that has been a huge disappointment to date.
Tonight's game will be televised by JP Sports with an 8 o'clock tipoff.