That said, here's a complete look at this week's SEC Ratings, based on the usual 1-10 schedule:
1. Alabama (8.5): The Tide (8-0, 5-0) got another quality performance from D.J. Hall, who had 11 catches for 157 yards in Bama's 35-3 defeat of Utah State. Hall caught 10 balls for 139 yards a week earlier against Tennessee and is picking up the slack in the absence of Tyrone Prothro.
2. LSU (8.0): The Tigers (6-1, 4-1) got a 17-of-21, 244-yard passing performance from JaMarcus Russell in crushing North Texas 56-3 for their fifth consecutive win. How did this team lose to Tennessee?
4. Florida (7.5): The Gators (6-2, 4-2) kept their SEC East hopes alive by shutting down Georgia 14-10. Florida scored TDs on its first two possessions, then held on for dear life.
5. Georgia (7.5): With D.J. Shockley at quarterback, the Dawgs (7-1, 5-1) warrant an 8.5 rating. With Joe Tereshinski III at QB, the Dawgs are a 7.5. Tereshinski was 8 of 21 for 100 yards in the loss to Florida.
7. Tennessee (5.0): The Vols (3-4, 2-4) are one miracle comeback at Baton Rouge from being 2-5 and 1-5. This is a team in disarray … with a trip to No. 8 Notre Dame next on the schedule. 8. Arkansas (5.0): The Razorbacks (2-5, 0-4) were idle.
9. Vanderbilt (5.0): The Commodores (4-4, 2-3) were idle.
12. Mississippi State (3.5): Jerious Norwood became MSU's career rushing leader (2,888 yards) with a 121-yard effort against Kentucky. Still, the Bulldogs (2-6, 0-5) lost .