1. AUBURN (9.0): Kicker John Vaughn, who missed five field goals vs. LSU last year, missed a 26-yard chip shot this time but Auburn's defense bailed him out in a 7-3 win. Tuberville's Tigers have allowed just 17 points in their first three games.
2. FLORIDA (8.5): The Gators dominated Tennessee but won by a mere 21-20 score. Meyer thus joined Steve Spurrier, Mark Richt and Tuberville as the only coaches to beat Phil Fulmer in back-to-back seasons.
3. LSU (8.5): Les Miles' Tigers need to attend a finishing school. They advanced into Auburn territory six times last weekend without producing a TD in their 7-3 loss.
4. GEORGIA (8.0): The Bulldogs' 34-0 blowout of Alabama Birmingham was their second consecutive shutout. If Stafford matures quickly running the offense, watch out.
5. TENNESSEE (7.5): Rushing for minus-11 yards but only losing by a point to Florida suggests the Vols are resourceful, if not powerful.
6. ALABAMA (6.5): The Tide crushed Louisiana-Monroe 41-7. John Parker Wilson (13 of 21 for 210) passed for more than 200 yards for the second week in a row but Ken Darby (14 carries for 79) ran for less than 100 yards for the second week in a row.
7. SOUTH CAROLINA (5.5): The Gamecocks held on at the finish to nip Wofford 27-20. When a Div. 1-AA team known as the Terriers runs for 290 yards on you, you've got troubles.
8. ARKANSAS (5.5): Mustain made just enough plays to guide the Razorbacks to a 21-19 defeat of homestanding Vanderbilt.
11. MISSISSIPPI STATE (4.0): After two shutout losses, the Bulldogs finally found some offense … only to see their defense crumble in a 32-29 loss to Tulane. Omar Conner, back at QB after a stint at receiver, completed 15 of 25 for 241 yards.