1. AUBURN (9.0): The Tigers have allowed just 24 points in their first four games. They piled up 261 rushing yards against the NCAA's 118th-ranked run defense in Saturday's 38-7 blowout of Buffalo.
3. FLORIDA (8.0): The Gators trailed Kentucky 7-6 late in the first half before rallying to win 26-7. Chris Leak (15-26, 267 yards) broke the school record for career completions but was sacked three times and threw an interception near the goal line.
4. GEORGIA (8.0): Mark Richt yanked freshman QB Matthew Stafford in favor of Joe Cox, who rallied the Dawgs from a 13-0 fourth-quarter deficit to a 14-13 defeat of Colorado. Cox was 10 of 13 for 153 yards and two TDs.
6. ARKANSAS (6.5): Heralded Mitch Mustain completed just 7 of 22 passes with 3 interceptions but Arkansas rallied late to nip Alabama 24-23 in overtime. The Hogs now stand 6-1 all-time in overtime games, their only loss being a six-OT marathon at UT in 2002.
7. SOUTH CAROLINA (5.5): Limited to 12 catches and zero touchdowns in the first three games, Sidney Rice recorded nine catches for 161 yards and five TDs as the Gamecocks mangled Florida Atlantic 45-6.
8. ALABAMA (5.5): Leigh Tiffin missed three field goals between 30 and 37 yards, plus a PAT in overtime, dooming the Tide in a 24-23 loss at Arkansas. John Parker Wilson starred in defeat, completing 16 of 20 for 243 yards and three TDs.
9. VANDERBILT (5.0): The Commodores led Div. 1-AA Tennessee State just 10-3 at halftime before pulling away to win 38-9. Vandy put the game away by scoring three TDs in a span of 2:15 late in the fhird quarter.
10. KENTUCKY (4.5): The Wildcats led Florida 7-6 late in the first half but collapsed in the second half (mustering just 65 yards total offense) as the Gators rallied to win 26-7.
11. MISSISSIPPI STATE (4.0): Omarr Conner's return to QB has beefed up the Bulldogs. He completed 15 of 25 for 241 yards in Game 3 against Tulane and completed 14 of 23 for 115, then scored the winning TD on a 21-yard burst in a 16-10 overtime defeat of UAB last weekend.
12. OLE MISS (3.5): Former UT quarterback Brent Schaeffer was pulled after completing 13 of 28 passes for 127 yards in a 27-3 loss to Wake Forest. The Rebels are 1-3 and wondering why they fired David Cutcliffe.