1. LSU (9.6): The Tigers (3-0 overall, 1-0 SEC) rested No. 1 quarterback Matt Flynn because of a sore ankle. No problem. Backup Ryan Perilloux completed 20 of 25 attempts for 298 yards and three touchdowns in a 44-0 pasting of Middle Tennessee.
2. FLORIDA (9.2): The Gators (3-0, 1-0) looked like world-beaters while compiling 554 total yards in a 59-20 beatdown of Tennessee. Whether Florida is that good or Tennessee is that bad remains to be seen.
3. SOUTH CAROLINA (8.2): The Gamecocks (3-0, 1-0) blasted South Carolina State 38-3, despite an erratic performance by Blake Mitchell. The senior QB completed 14 of 21 for 127 yards and three TDs but also lost three interceptions and a fumble.
4. ALABAMA (8.2): John Parker Wilson's passing (24 of 45 for 327 yards and 4 TDs) offset a weak defensive performance as the Tide (3-0, 2-0) blew two 21-point leads before nipping Arkansas at the wire 41-38.
5. GEORGIA (8.0): The Bulldogs (2-1, 0-1) posted a methodical 45-16 defeat of West Carolina behind Matt Stafford, who completed 14 of 20 passes for 174 yards. Georgia's defense held the punchless visitors to 63 yards on 33 rushes.
8. TENNESSEE (6.5): The Vols (1-2, 0-1) were whipped on offense, defense and special teams in a 59-20 loss at Florida. Otherwise, they played pretty well.
10. MISSISSIPPI STATE (5.5): Anthony Dixon rushed 29 times for 103 yards but the Bulldogs (2-1, 1-1) may have lost quarterback Michael Henig for the season with a broken hand in their 19-14 upset of Auburn.
11. AUBURN (5.3): Benched after throwing two first-quarter interceptions, Brandon Cox returned in the fourth quarter but couldn't get the Tigers (1-2, 0-1) into the end zone in the final minute of a 19-14 loss to visiting Mississippi State. Backup QB Kodi Burns ran the option well at times.
12. OLE MISS (4.0): Former Vol Brent Schaeffer, back at quarterback after playing receiver, relieved Seth Adams and threw a 54-yard touchdown pass on his first attempt but it wasn't nearly enough as the Rebels (1-2, 0-1) lost 31-17 at Vandy.