1. LSU (9.4): The Tigers (8-1 overall, 5-1 SEC) scored two touchdowns in the final 2:49 to turn a 34-27 deficit into a 41-34 defeat of home-standing Alabama. LSU outgained the Tide 475-254 in total yards but Matt Flynn threw three first-half interceptions to help keep Bama in the game.
2. AUBURN (8.2): The Tigers (7-3, 4-2) forced four turnovers in a 35-3 trouncing of Tennessee Tech. First-team quarterback Brandon Cox completed 7 of 9 passes for 167 yards and a touchdown before leaving the game midway through the second quarter.
3. GEORGIA (8.0): The Dawgs (7-2, 4-2) got 196 rushing yards from freshman Knowshon Moreno – he had 188 last week vs. Florida – in a 44-34 defeat of Troy. Moreno now has 1003 rushing yards for the season. UGA quarterback Matthew Stafford completed 17 of 29 passes for 217 yards and two touchdowns.
4. FLORIDA (8.0): The Gators (6-3, 4-3) apparently hate teams from Tennessee. Seven weeks after hammering UT 59-20 they routed Vanderbilt 49-22. Interestingly enough, it was the same trio who tormented the Vols that did in the Commodores. Tim Tebow completed 22 of 27 passes for 281 yards and three TDs. Percy Harvin became the first Gator ever to crack the century mark for rushing yards (113) and receiving yards (110) in the same game. And Brandon James piled up 116 yards on three kick returns.
5. ARKANSAS (7.8): Houston Nutt's Razorbacks (6-3, 2-3) raced to a 21-3 first-quarter lead and rode an overpowering ground attack to beat South Carolina 48-36. The Hogs led just 42-36 in the fourth quarter but Darren McFadden bolted 80 yards for a clinching TD. McFadden finished with an SEC record-tying 321 rushing yards.
6. KENTUCKY (7.5): The Wildcats (6-3, 2-3) were idle.
7. ALABAMA (7.5): The Tide (6-3, 4-2) led LSU 34-27 when Javier Arenas returned a punt 61 yards for a touchdown midway through the final quarter but eventually fell 41-34. John Parker Wilson completed just 14 of 40 passes and lost a fumble that set up LSU's winning score. Bama managed just 20 rushing yards.
8. TENNESSEE (7.2): The Vols (6-3, 3-2) got 109 rushing yards from freshman Lennon Creer and 100 more from junior Arian Foster in a 59-7 pasting of Louisiana-Lafayette. A crowd of 96,197 showed up, marking the first time UT drew less than 100,000 fans since Neyland Stadium was expanded in 1996.
9. SOUTH CAROLINA (7.0): The Gamecocks (6-4, 3-4) got 364 passing yards and two TDs from Blake Mitchell but couldn't stop Arkansas's punishing ground attack in a 48-36 loss at Fayetteville. Carolina has now lost on consecutive weekends to Vanderbilt, Tennessee and Arkansas.
10. VANDERBILT (6.5): The Commodores (5-4, 2-4) surrendered 358 yards of total offense on their way to a 35-7 halftime deficit and never recovered in a 49-22 loss at Florida. The setback was their 17th in a row in the series with the Gators.
11. MISSISSIPPI STATE (6.2): The Bulldogs (5-4, 2-4) were idle.
12. OLE MISS (4.4): The Rebels (3-7, 0-6) got 120 rushing yards from BenJarvus Green-Ellis in a 38-31 defeat of Div. II Northwestern State. Only 23,283 fans attended, leaving Vaught-Hemingway Stadium less than half full. The win just the 10th for Ed Orgeron in three seasons at Oxford.