The 5-9 Sikahema, the so-called "Tongan Terror," lived up to his nickname by overwhelming the 6-4 Canseco, known as the "Steroid Stud" (but only by me). The bout was stopped after Jose was decked twice in the first 97 seconds. I'm guessing if MLB commissioner Bud Selig had been the referee, the mismatch would still be going.
Regardless, with the start of preseason football still a couple of weeks away, I thought I'd kill some time (and fill some space) by dreaming up a few celebrity boxing matches I'd like to see.
- Lady Vol basketball coach Pat Summitt vs. UConn coach Geno Auriemma in a no-rules grudge match.
- Former Vol basketball coach Kevin O'Neill vs. former UT athletics director Doug Dickey.
- Pro football bad boy Adam "Pacman" Jones vs. a strip-club bouncer of his choosing.
- Former college basketball coach Bob Knight vs. an official of his choosing. (All ringside seats will be bolted down.)
- Former women's tennis star Chris Evert vs. arch-rival Martina Navratilova. (Evert's two-fisted backhand might come in handy.)
- Home run king Barry Bonds vs. former home run king Henry Aaron ... but Henry gets six months to "bulk up" first.
- Former NBA official Tim Donaghy vs. former Major League Baseball player Pete Rose. (They could set their own betting line.)
- Past-his-prime Penn State football coach Joe Paterno vs. past-his-prime Florida State coach Bobby Bowden in a fight-to-the-finish. (It's a safe bet neither of them would quit.)