For those keeping score at home, that's 1,155 yards and 94 points in two games – an average of 577.5 yards and 47 points per outing. The Blazers are equally inept against the run and the pass, allowing Florida Atlantic to pass for 358 yards AND average 7.8 yards per rush (25 for 196).
UAB has one saving grace, quarterback Joe Webb. He completed 26 of 48 passes for 326 yards in Game 2, keeping the Blazers in contention.
Here's a look at Tennessee's other upcoming foes:
- Florida (Sept. 20) got 311 yards of total offense from Tim Tebow in a 26-3 defeat of Miami. The reigning Heisman winner completed 21 of 35 passes for 256 yards and ran 13 times for another 55 yards as the Gators moved to 2-0.
- Auburn (Sept. 27) got a 52-yard field goal from Wes Byrum and a 21-of-31, 248-yard passing performance from junior college transfer Chris Todd in a 27-13 defeat of Southern Miss. The Tigers (2-0) gave up a lot of completions, however, as the Golden Eagles' Austin Davis connected on 33 of 50 throws for 268 yards.
- Northern Illinois (Oct. 4) averaged just 3.2 yards per rush (44 carries, 142 yards) in a 29-26 loss to Western Michigan. With the ground game sputtering, NIU (0-2) managed to get 297 passing yards from its quarterbacks.
- Georgia (Oct. 11) got big games from Matthew Stafford (18 of 28 for 213 yards) and Knowshon Moreno (168 rushing yards) in a 56-17 blowout of Central Michigan. The Bulldogs (2-0) may have some trouble with pass defense, however, having allowed the visitors' Dan LeFevour to complete 23 of 43 attempts for 248 yards.
- Mississippi State (Oct. 18) rode the play of Wesley Carroll (15 of 23, 158 passing yards) and Anthony Dixon (18 carries for 80 rushing yards) to a 34-10 rout of Southeastern Louisiana. Backup QB Tyson Lee has completed 13 of 18 passes for 112 yards through two games for Sylvester Croom's Bulldogs (1-1).
- Alabama (Oct. 25) got an 87-yard punt return touchdown from Javier Arenas and very little else in a 20-6 defeat of Tulane. The Tide (2-0) struggled mightily on offense, as John Parker Wilson completed just 11 of 23 passes for 73 yards and the ground game managed a mere 99 net yards.
- South Carolina (Nov. 1) Chris Smelley completed 23 of 39 passes for 233 yards but was intercepted twice and sacked four times as the Gamecocks (1-1) suffered a humbling 24-17 loss at Vanderbilt. One of SC's two touchdown drives was a 20-yarder following a fumble recovery.
- Wyoming (Nov. 8) Tailbacks Devin Moore (15 carries for 70 yards) and Wynel Seldon (10 for 67) had good games but an 8-of-22, 76-yard passing performance and five turnovers doomed the Cowboys in a 23-3 loss to Air Force. Wyoming converted just 2 of 13 third-down opportunities.
- Vanderbilt (Nov. 22) beat South Carolina for the second year in a row, riding the rushing of Jared Hawkins (17 carries, 84 yards) to a 24-17 win in Nashville. The Commodores (2-0) got considerable help from their special teams, blocking a field goal and recovering a fumbled punt.
- Kentucky (Nov. 29) has allowed a mere five points through the first two games after handcuffing Norfolk State 38-3. Derrick Lowe picked up 96 yards on just five carries for the Wildcats (2-0) and freshman QB Randall Cobb came off the bench to complete 6 of 11 passes for 87 yards and a touchdown. He also ran for two TDs. Cobb will be motivated to face UT, since he grew up in nearby Alcoa but was not offered by the Vols until very late in the recruiting process.