Here's a complete look at the Vols' upcoming foes:
- Florida (Sept. 20) enjoyed a week off before facing Tennessee this weekend. The well-rested Gators will bring a 2-0 record into their invasion of Neyland Stadium.
- Auburn (Sept. 27) made a Wes Byrum field goal stand up in a 3-2 defeat of Mississippi State. It was just the sixth game in NCAA Div. 1-A history to end by that score. Chris Todd completed 14 of 26 passes for 154 yards to pace the Tiger attack.
- Northern Illinois (Oct. 4) had the weekend off. The Huskies stand 0-2.
- Mississippi State (Oct. 18) managed just 116 yards of total offense – 78 passing, 38 rushing – in a 3-2 loss to Auburn. The Bulldogs (1-2 overall, 0-1 SEC) still could've won if not for a missed 38-yard field goal by Adam Carlson.
- Alabama (Oct. 25) trounced Western Kentucky 41-7, thanks to a 215-yard passing performance by John Parker Wilson, who became the Tide's all-time leader in total offense. Bama limited the Hilltoppers to 158 yards of total offense, although WKU did score the first offensive touchdown the Tide has surrendered this season.
- South Carolina (Nov. 1) suffered its sixth SEC loss in a row and seventh overall loss in the last eight outings, a 14-7 setback to second-ranked Georgia. Carolina (1-2 overall, 0-2 SEC) lost a chance to tie when tailback Mike Davis fumbled into the end zone while lunging for the goal line.
- Wyoming (Nov. 8) had to rally from a 13-0 deficit to nip North Dakota State 16-13. Jake Scott scored the game's last nine points on field goals of 28, 28 and 29 yards. Devin Moore paced the Cowboy offense with 145 rushing yards on 21 carries.
- Vanderbilt (Nov. 22) outscored Rice 17-0 in the second half, turning a 21-all tie into a 38-21 triumph. Jared Hawkins, who rushed for 84 yards against South Carolina a week earlier, gained 107 this time.
- Kentucky (Nov. 29) won a 20-14 nail-biter when Middle Tennessee completed a 61-yard Hail-Mary pass on the game's final play, only to see Eldrid King tackled one yard short of the goal line. Mike Hartline was 28 of 47 for 254 yards to pace the Big Blue offense.