- Coleman and freshman tailback Toney Williams got their wires crossed on a handoff. The result was a fumbled two-foot toss that was eerily reminiscent of the Jonathan Crompton/Arian Foster mishap that Auburn returned for a touchdown last fall.
- Sophomore tailback Tauren Poole showed a nice burst of speed, racing untouched for a 40-yard touchdown run off right tackle.
- Crompton hooked up with tight end Luke Stocker on a dandy throw-and-catch covering roughly 15 yards.
Here are some highlights from the 7-on-7 (jolt but don't tackle) portion of the workout:
- Junior receiver Gerald Jones went parallel to the ground on a spectacular diving catch of a 20-yard touchdown pass from Coleman.
- Junior cornerback Dennis Rogan covered Jones like a blanket and made a nifty pass breakup on a short throw from Crompton.
- Crompton found sophomore receiver Tyler Maples wide open in the right corner of the end zone for a 25-yard TD.
- Coleman hit rising senior Austin Rogers over the middle for a 20-yard touchdown.
- Crompton found Rogers over the middle for another 20-yard TD.
- Coleman found 6-foot-8 tight end Jeff Cottam wide open over the middle but his 20-yard throw was a tad high and skipped off Cottam's hands in the end zone.