9. It would cause Florida's Urban Meyer to re-retire. He got enough of Lane Kiffin last year. He certainly doesn't want another dose.
8. It would give media who cover the SEC hundreds of colorful (albeit sometimes misguided) Kiffin quotes for their articles and sound bites for their newscasts.
7. It would give the SEC a foot-hold in the lucrative Los Angeles TV market.
6. It would give the 12 existing SEC teams a West Coast road trip every few years ... not a bad recruiting tool.
5. It would keep SEC Commissioner Mike Slive from getting bored.
4. It would dramatically improve the image of the league's other schools. Compared to Southern Cal, the cheating that goes on in the rest of the SEC would seem like childish pranks.
3. It would force the Trojans to play more than three teams per season with an actual pulse.
1. It would give Tennessee fans a chance to vent the anger that has been building ever since Kiffin's abrupt departure last January. Should he return to Knoxville as an opposing coach, the burning mattress this time might be the one in his hotel room.