First Team Starters in Saturday's Scrimmage:
WR's-Askew, Swope, Nwachukwu
DRIVES (by first group):
1. Missed 51 yard FG by Bertolet
2. Hunter had a nice PBU-Askew got open deep on Harris (this happened several times), but the ball was underthrown or dropped all but one time-Harris ended up blocking the short FG attempt.
3. Gavin Stansbury tipped a pass right into Garrick William's hands, which resulted in a 20 yard pick-6. The offense stayed on the field, and Trent Hunter picked off a pass due to pressure from Tyrell Taylor. Offense again stayed on the field and Ben Malena fumbled.
4. Uzoma Nwachukwu had a long catch on Coryell Judie to get the offense in the red zone-Prioleau catches a wide open touchdown pass-The extra point is missed by Bertolet.
5. Hutson Prioleau had two nice catches for first downs. Cyrus Gray had a long run up the middle. Dustin Harris had a nice PBU against Nate Askew in the endzone. Demontre Moore and Garrick Williams both had minor injuries on a goal line stand, but walked off on their own power. Ryan Tannehill ran in a counter for an easy touchdown6. Goal Line drill: Short pass to Ryan Swope down to the 3-yd line. Short pass to an open Nate Askew resulted in a touchdown.
General Notes on the Day
-Tyrell Taylor had a monster day wreaking havoc in the backfield with 2-3 sacks. Both Sherman and DeRuyter said after practice that he has earned playing time this year given his last few performances.
-Donnie Baggs was in on every play. Given his trajectory so far, he should be a good one.
-Ben Malena needs to take care of his fumbling issues.-Ivan Robinson disrupted several plays working with both the first and second team.
-At the end of the day, the walk-ons and younger guys got to have their turn. William Randolph is too jittery back there and needs to hit the hole faster.
-Freshman Deshazor Everett had a major decleating hit that sent the defense into a sideline celebration.
-Ryan Epperson had a 45-yard punt with good hang time that had the sizable crowd in ovation.
-Randy Bullock was out, and I think the young Taylor Bertolet was just nervous today.
-Defense won the day overall, but both coordinators (Sherman and DeRuyter) classified their groups as lazy today.
-Mike Lamothe is a machine. He just doesn't make mistakes out there. You put him in a big tight ends body and he is an All-American. I'd say he is the current starter over Nehemiah Hicks and Hutson Prioleau.
-Mister Jones had a very nice 40-yard run breaking several tackles, and at one point he was near the ground and behind a pile but managed to spring to retain balance, spring to his feet, and keep running. He also had a later TD run.
-Freshman Mike Evans had two touchdown catches. In 1-2 years, he'll be a very good one.
-Towards the end of practice, Cedric Ogbuehi played some defensive end and Dustin Harris played some WR.
-Tyrell Taylor had 2 TFL's on his first drive with the second group.
Websider Saturday Practice Summary Capsule
Aggie Digest Top Stories
Evans Leads Defensive MaturityTexas A&M senior safety Justin Evans met with the media Tuesday in advance of the Aggies Saturday road match-up with South Carolina.
Aggie Digest10:15 AM
Game Week Media: South CarolinaThe Texas A&M Aggies have solidified themselves in the top 10 heading into their week's SEC road game with South Carolina. The Aggies met with the media Tuesday in advance of this…
Aggie Digest9:52 AM
Post Game Media: ArkansasThe Texas A&M Aggies moved to 4-0 on the season with a 45-24 win over Arkansas inside AT&T Stadium in Dallas. Kevin Sumlin and several players spoke with the media afterwards.
Aggie DigestSunday at 7:22 AM
Game Balls: ArkansasThe Texas A&M Aggies squared off with the Arkansas Razorbacks Saturday in their annual game in Dallas. The Aggies came away with an impressive 45-24 win.
Aggie DigestSunday at 5:45 AM