COLLEGE STATION-Texas A&M returns to the hardwood on Saturday afternoon when the Aggies (13-14, 4-11) take on Oklahoma State (13-15, 6-9) at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater. Tipoff is set for 1:05 p.m. and the game will air nationally on ESPN2.
• Series Notes
• A&M has won in 3 of its last 5 trips to Gallagher-Iba Arena ... prior to 2007, the Aggies were winless inside GIA ... last year, A&M battled its way to a 67-66 victory.
• Texas A&M is looking for its fifth straight win over the Cowboys, which would match a school record ... the Aggies won 5 straight over then Oklahoma A&M from 1918-24.
• The Aggies recorded a 76-61 win last month at Reed Arena ... Elston Turner scored 23 in the game, while walk-on guard Alex Baird played 21 minutes of turnover-free basketball-nearly quadrupling his career minutes total.
• Quick Hits
• The Aggies lead the Big 12 in two defensive categories (through Feb. 24): scoring defense and 3-point FG% defense; A&M ranks third in defensive rebound percentage and field-goal percentage defense.
• Through games of Feb. 19, Texas A&M ranked 16th nationally in 3-point FG% defense.
• The Aggies' last 4 home losses have come by an average of 5.5 points, to No. 6 Baylor, Texas, No. 3 Missouri and No. 4 KU.
• A&M has played five top-5 opponents this year, a new school record ... all have come in Big 12 play, also a school record ... the Aggies' last two games have come against Missouri (No. 3) and Kansas (No. 4), the first time in school history the Aggies have played two straight against top-5 foes.
• Seven of A&M's losses this year have come to teams currently ranked in the top 13 nationally, five of which have come away from home (#3 Missouri (twice), #4 Kansas (twice), #11 Florida, #13 Baylor [twice]).
• Aggie Trends
• The Aggies have allowed just one Big 12 opponent to score more points than its season average (Oklahoma, who needed OT to do so).
• A&M is shooting 38 percent from 3-point range over its last 10 games (averaging 6.0 threes per game) ... the Aggies rank fourth in league games in 3-point field goals (5.7/game).
• A&M is shooting 71 percent from the line in the second half of Big 12 games ... the Aggies have shot just 59.7 percent in the first half.
• The Aggies are 12-0 this year when leading with 5 minutes to play and 11-3 this year when leading at halftime (losses at Kansas, at K-State, home Texas).
• The Aggies have held 11 of their opponents under 60 points and are unbeaten in those games.
• A&M has held 8 opponents under 35 percent shooting (8-0).
Aggies Battle OSU in Stillwater
Aggie Digest Top Stories
Game Week Media: Week 4 Arkansas (Players)The Texas A&M Aggies are preparing to face off with Arkansas Saturday in Dallas. A group of Aggie players were made available Tuesday during the weekly press conference.
Aggie DigestWednesday at 5:32 AM
Game Week Media: Week 4 Arkansas (Coaches)The Texas A&M Aggies have a showdown in Dallas this week with Arkansas. Several coaches and players met with the media Tuesday in advance of their second conference game.
Aggie DigestWednesday at 5:11 AM
A Peek Ahead: ArkansasThe Aggies face off with the Arkansas Razorbacks next weekend in AT&T Stadium. Here is a peek ahead at what the Razorbacks are coming off of heading into game week.
Post Game Media: AuburnThe Texas A&M Aggies won a gritty Saturday night SEC showdown with Auburn 29-16. The Aggies and Tigers met with the media following the game, here is a wrap up of all of the post…