Practice #1 of 30 is in the books for UTSA Football. Here are some practice notes: - UTSA practiced in "shells", which are helmets, jerseys, and shorts; no pads. They will continue to practice in shells over the next few practices.
- The pace at which the offense ran plays was incredibly fast. UTSA has always also held fast moving practices, but it seemed like they were moving at an even faster speed.
- Players appeared to be relatively injury-free. A few players had cramps but it did not appear that anyone sat out workouts.
- All three QBs were impressive and showed their skillset. Starting QB Tucker Carter jumped into the offense and picked up where he left on in the spring.
- Backup QB Austin Robinson seems to have improved looking more comfortable in the offense.
- True Freshman QB Blake Bogenschutz was impressive too. In his first real practice as a Roadrunner, Bogenschutz looked comfortable and had some impressive throws.
- RB's David Glasco II and Jarevon Williams got a bunch of reps, both players ran often and ran hard.
- We got a good look at TE David Morgan, who is back healthy. Morgan was featured in a ton of offensive formations and even lined up at the WR outside at times.
- The offensive line subbed players in and out numerous times. It seems like they're hoping to keep players fresh at that position fresh.
- We didn't see much of the defensive line as they mainly participated in indvidiual drills.
- The LBs and secondary were flying around in coverage. CBs Darrien Starling and Crosby Adams made a few good plays.
- UTSA will tenatively begin practicing in pads during the middle of the week.
- We interviewed Larry Coker, Dalton Miller, and Robert Singletary.
8.2 Practice Report
Inside Runner Sports Top Stories
UTSA Falls to WKU, 83-71UTSA battled back after a slow start but came up short to Western Kentucky Thursday night in Conference USA action.
Inside Runner SportsYesterday at 7:36 PM
UTSA NSD Press ConferenceHead Coach Frank Wilson officially announced his 2016 recruiting Wednesday afternoon. InsideRunnerSports brings you coverage from the press conference.
Inside Runner SportsWednesday at 1:30 PM
Signing Class OverviewHead Coach Frank Wilson will officially announce his signing class Wednesday afternoon. But Letters of Intent began rolling in at 7am. We take a look at the players who have signed…
Inside Runner SportsWednesday at 9:30 AM
UTSA Signing Day HQNew Head Coach Frank Wilson will sign his first recruiting class at UTSA Wednesday. InsideRunnerSports has updates throughout the day.
Inside Runner SportsTuesday at 8:00 PM