UTSA Football Notebook
- Redshirt Freshman QB Austin Robinson is expected to make his third career start on Saturday, according to Head Coach Larry Coker. UTSA is 1-2 in games that Robinson has started. The Houston-area product has played in seven of UTSA's ten games this season with most of his action coming in the last four games. On the season, Robinson is 73 for 126 passing for 585 yards and a touchdown with four interceptions. He's also rushed for 172 yards on 53 carries.
- Regular Starting QB Tucker Carter is not expected play this week. Carter, who has been banged up or injured all season long, was hurt in the first half of the Rice game. On the season, Carter is 78 for 138 passing for 806 yards and two touchdowns with five interceptions. He's also rushed for two touchdowns.
- RB Jarveon Williams is expected to return to action this week. Williams has been sidelined since the UTEP game. The offense has missed Williams' dynamic game play the last two games. In eight games, Jarveon has totaled 325 rushing yards on 66 carries with three touchdowns. Williams has also been a threat in the passing game having caught 14 passes for 124 yards.
- RB David Glasco II is coming off his best game of the season vs Southern Miss. The Senior ran 16 times for a season-high 108 yards. Most of them came on a 70 yard rush in the third quarter. On the season, Glasco has amassed 441 yards on 122 carries with 4 touchdowns.
- Senior Payton Rion is expected to get another start at the right tackle spot this week. Rion has been battling with Junior William Cavanaugh for the starting position over the last month or so. Both Rion and Cavanaugh have seen plenty of action over the last few games.
- WR Kenny Bias returns from a one game suspension for a violation of teams rules. Bias was not on the sidelines for last week's vs Southern Miss. Bias, who was suspended for the first four games of the season, has been targeted in recent games.
- True Freshman Marcus Davenport is listed on this week's two-deep depth chart as backup defensive end. Davenport has been one the backup defensive ends for two game now, subbing in for an injured Codie Brooks.
- Drew Douglas is expected to make his return to the starting lineup at the Mike LB position. Douglas missed the Southern Miss game with an unspecified injury. In his place, we saw regular Hawk LB Jens Jeters move over and record a career-high 12 tackles.
- Redshirt Freshman Marcos Curry is still listed on the two-deep depth chart one game after making his first career start vs Southern Miss. Curry, an Austin-area product, got the start at the Hawk LB and played very well recording seven tackles. It was the first significant action Curry has seen on defense.
- Redshirt Freshman Justin Chavez has logged some time at backup free safety behind Senior Triston Wade. Chavez has seen action in seven games in 2014. He's helped spell a banged up Tevin Broussard at that backup spot.
- Speaking of Wade, the Tyler-native is having a career season. Triston has recorded 74 tackles and intercepted four passes. He is also a semi-finalist for the Jim Thorpe award. Wade is the first UTSA player to become a finalist for a major award. He has also brought the lumber on the field. Against Rice, Wade recorded several big hits earning him the right to carry the Defense's Sledge Hammer in the Southern Miss game.
Football Notebook (WKU Week)
Inside Runner Sports Top Stories
Three Roadrunners Taken in MLB DraftThree UTSA Baseball players were taken in the 2017 Major League Baseball Draft on Wednesday.
Inside Runner Sports06/14/2017
Keeping A Level HeadUTSA closed out its spring football camp Saturday with a controlled scrimmage at Farris Stadium. Afterward, quarterback Dalton Sturm talked about the importance of summer…
Inside Runner Sports04/16/2017
Spring Game Bird Cage DrillVideo of UTSA Football’s Bird Cage Drill at the spring game.
Inside Runner Sports04/15/2017
Spring Game InterviewsInsideRunnerSports brings you interview from UTSA Head Coach Frank Wilson, QB Dalton Sturm, WR Josh Stewart, DL Kevin Strong, and DL King Newton.
Inside Runner Sports04/15/2017